Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SpringChicks

Thread: Good blood clinic for bringing kids?

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default Good blood clinic for bringing kids?

I have to get a fair amount of bloodwork done soon and I'll have to bring my four year old with me. Since I tend to get pretty woozy after a lot of bloodwork
    I will want to stick around a bit aferward....I don't recall having bloodwork in London. In Hamilton I know it's like, wait in a busy hallway, there's small cubicles, you get your work done and goodbye.
    Is there anywhere here that has like an actual waiting room for before and after?
    Maybe toys for the kid?
    DD1 age 7 DS age 11
    "I will remember you." July/10
    Baby Elaina born October 28th, 2011. Making every single day that much more special.
    INTERESTED IN BUYING DVDS OF OLD KIDS' SHOWS. Mr.Rogers', Mr.Dressup, Polka Dot Door, etc

We go to the one on Bradley and have been to the one in Byron. Both have a waiting area, but no toys in either. Maybe she could just play on your phone while you rest?

The one on pall mall has a large waitingroom so hanging around after your guys would not be in the way and if they can handle D sleeping on the floor they can handle you two

lol good call. I will have to google pall mall. I don't recognize that name.
    DD1 age 7 DS age 11
    "I will remember you." July/10
    Baby Elaina born October 28th, 2011. Making every single day that much more special.
    INTERESTED IN BUYING DVDS OF OLD KIDS' SHOWS. Mr.Rogers', Mr.Dressup, Polka Dot Door, etc

Expert Forum User

Pall Mall is downtown right off of Richmond (think Barney's patio if you know where that is). There's also a clinic in the medical building on Central Ave near downtown as well. The blood clinic area is still pretty small but there's a coffee shop on the main floor downstairs where you could hang out and maybe get something to help get rid of the woozy feeling. I think the company is Lifelabs.
    Ingalls likes this.

Hailey - April 2008
    Scarlett - April 2012
    Troy - July 2014
    *Currently enrolled in the Perinatal Support Practitioner program through Babies Naturally and looking to attend births as a student doula. Please message me for details!*

Expert Forum User

Find the closest one to your house and call. I have been to 3 or 4 throughout the city and they all have waiting rooms. I have brought my kids as well, and no problems. As PP said, just make sure you have something for her to do. And you may not want her playing with waiting room toys....ewww.

I most often go to the one on Bradley Ave. They are always the busiest first thing in the morning when they open, as well as Saturdays. People who have to fast before bloodwork like to get there right when they open & there is often a long line up. If you don't need to fast, you could consider going later in the morning or even early afternoon. I would take a couple of small toys for your LO to play with while there. You really have no idea ahead of time how many people will be there, how long the wait time will or won't be, etc. Hopefully the day you decide to go, you luck out & are in & out quickly. If I were you, I think I would likely just go to the location (either Gamma Dynacare or Lifelabs) that is located closest to where you live. JMO.

The life labs one on baseline takes appts. You can book online. No waiting before as you get put ahead of everyone else.