Thread: high chairs

Default high chairs

Ladies:

was looking at high chairs online...didn't realize they were so pricey! I was researching and found one I like but its $300..is this normal for a decent safe highchair that that folds, has wheels and is easy to clean? any suggestions of ones you have used that you liked that were a bit more budget friendly? the one i like is the graco blossom...

Expert Forum User

I would look at the ones that you attach to a chair. We rarely used our big bulky high chair with wheels, it was just too big. As soon as our kids could use a basic booster attached to a chair we stopped using the highchair, this was at about 6 months. We used this a lot and loved it:

Fisher-Price Healthy Care Booster Seat - Fisher-Price - Babies"R"Us

This is an option and there are quite a few like this.
    Fisher-Price SpaceSaver High Chair Teal Tempo - Mattel - Babies"R"Us

I agree. I used a high chair which attached to a regular chair. Make sure it's adjustable, let's baby ait in I before they can sit unassisted (we would put baby in with the toy while we ate) an is easy to clean, esp the fabric cover. We bought ours on sale for about $30 and if lasted thru two kids

We used the Fisher Price highchair that goes on a regular chair. It doesn't take any more room room and I have used it for all 3 of my kids. Then between each kids it is easy to store and doesn't take up a lot of room in the basement.

Make sure you have enough floor space if you buy a highchair. Most take up a lot of room. I bought a wooden one that was smaller and I liked the look of it better than the normal ones. A nice feature is if it reclines since not all babies can sit upright when solids are started and you can also use it for play while you eat at the table. Some of the new modern ones don't recline.

I suggest the ikea one. It's cheap, it hoses off easily and it doesn't take up lots of room.

ANTILOP Highchair with safety belt - - IKEA

you can get a tray to go with that fits in the dishwasher

ANTILOP Highchair tray - IKEA

Expert Forum User

We sold our big Graco high chair in a yard sale in the summer b/c it took up so much room.
    We got this instead: Baby Base 2-in-1 - Kids II - Babies"R"Us
    It's great, you can take the insert right out to wipe it down and the tray slides right under the seat for storage.

Hailey - April 2008
    Scarlett - April 2012
    Troy - July 2014
    *Currently enrolled in the Perinatal Support Practitioner program through Babies Naturally and looking to attend births as a student doula. Please message me for details!*

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I agree! SpringChicks' linked to a great one. But even if you go with a more elaborate one, since it's your first and all , go with the strap-to-chair kind, there are like sixty or seventy dollar ones if
    you feel you have to go all out
    DD1 age 7 DS age 11
    "I will remember you." July/10
    Baby Elaina born October 28th, 2011. Making every single day that much more special.
    INTERESTED IN BUYING DVDS OF OLD KIDS' SHOWS. Mr.Rogers', Mr.Dressup, Polka Dot Door, etc

Expert Forum User

I bought this one for my latest baby (we had the big old standard high chair for 1 and 2).

Fisher-Price Space Saver High Chair - Pear - Fisher-Price - Babies"R"Us

Only thing that annoys me is the non-removable harness. I give it 4.5 / 5 stars. All high chair functions I like... small package. Just wish that the harness easily came out so I could chuck it in the washer.

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

I have to agree with the others skip the high chair and go with one that attaches to a reg chair. Takes up way less space and they are portable. Then you can take it with you to the inlaws if needed.
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.