Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By one ordinary girl
  • 2 Post By MrsDavis

Thread: how to dress baby in january coming home from hospital

Default how to dress baby in january coming home from hospital

Ladies:

I am due end of january. I know not to put my baby in snowsuit in car seat...any suggestions how i should dress her to leave the hospital? we dont have a long drive home but obviously i dont want her to be cold please give me a head to toe list of what i should have for her to wear home including car seat coverings! thanks!

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

I had a January baby. I dressed her normally. onsie and outfit with a little hat and booties/socks depending on the outfit. Then after she was buckled into her car seat I just covered her up with a warm blanket. I had a car seat cover that just went over the entire thing which kept her toasty warm.
    Ingalls likes this.
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

Expert Forum User

We had a December baby. She went home in a blanket sleeper and a hat. We put her in her car seat which was outfitted with a JJ cole bundle me car seat cover. I would get the shower cap style car seat cover these days though for safety reasons but similar idea.

My daughter was born last January. I dressed her in an undershirt and sleeper then tucked the blanket around her in the carseat and covered the carseat with my JJ Cole cover (the one that goes around the outside, not the one that goes behind the baby). Also had a warm hat on. We never had any issues and it was a COLD winter last year.

My advice with this and everything else baby-related:
    -use common sense
    -don't over think
    -do what works for you and your family
    Chances are, you already knew what others posted and just need reassurance you're doing it right. You will be fine ��

In a sleeper or onies with blankets over top. My girl was born first week of January 2012 and we had a hot spell so the blanket over top was to much. Don't over think it, just bring a blanket to protect from the wind

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Expert Forum User

I know that my little one had her pants and sweater on when we came home from the hospital. they looked huge on her. She probably had a hat. I covered her in a blanket.... and made my hubby run the heat in the car for like 15 minutes before I went out to the car so it wasn't cold when we got in.
    Married 2005. DD1 2007. DD2 2011. Beta Sigma Phi 2013.
    ... and one cute little kitty!

Expert Forum User

I had a March baby... and it was cold and snowy when we came home. Our infant seat had a winter boot on it, she had a fairly warm blanket and was wearing a fleece sleeper with the hat they gave us at the hospital. She was 2 hours old and was completely tosty when going home

We were parked in the parking garage so not too bad as far as elements went when loading her up.

This is her leaving the hospital... https://www.facebook.com/londoncarse...type=3&theater

The chest clip somehow hidden by that top lip of the blanket (but I swear it's right up there). And I hadn't snapped the winter boot on yet.
    Last edited by a_bun_in_the_oven; 10-16-2015 at 12:40 PM.

Don't forget to think about what you will wear home, too. Your belly will be flatter than before baby came, but the bump will still be there - so have some stretchy (maternity) clothes, and your winter gear. I only say this because I really did not think about this with my first (too focused on my baby) and ended up not bringing any useful clothes for the trip home in the winter!