Default Therapists / Counsellors?

I am considering getting my son a bit of counselling to help work thru the no dad in the picture. He has been dealing really well with it but has been coming up more lately so was thinking of seeing if anyone has found this useful and if so would you have recommendations. I could then do some leg work prior to the need arising.
    Thanks.

Expert Forum User

My oldest does not have a father and I have just answered his questions when they have come up. He is almost 12 and it has never been an issue. Just simple questions he wanted answered, and sometimes to see pictures of him.

Has he never had a father? In that case there shouldn't be the need for counselling.

Did his father move out of the city, or no longer wants to visit? You could look in the yellow pages for therapists that mention they work with children. Let them know what your concerns are and what behaviours you have seen because of it.

Did he pass away? I would ask the grief counselling places for help with a therapist for children.

His dad has never been in the picture. Questions have started to pop up occasionally. I have kept answers at his level & honest. I am heartened that this has not been an issue in your family.