Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: what would you pay?

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by melissawilliam View Post
    For those that said $5 each way = $5X2X20days = $200/month JUST for a short walk compared to $460/month for college-educated ECE's to watch your child from 7:30-9am and 3:30-6pm.

IF my son was being paid $200/month, I, as the parent, would want to be informed and would prefer to receive the money myself or a cheque for him to put into his bank account, to decide with him how much he could spend immediately and how much I would put into his bank account. As the parent of a 12 year old, I consider $200 to be a lot of money. $1/walk means he would receive $30 every 3 weeks, which would be enough to get some video games, or 7 weeks to save up (saving is a great skill to learn) to purchase a new release game.

We tried delivering the local papers last year - we had to stuff all the papers and then deliver them to houses -this took about 6 hours the first time. He was paid about $7!!! That was crazy, since even if we were faster the next time it would be maybe $2/hour.

$1/5 minute walk would = $12/hour
    That's really crappy pay for newspapers. Back 20 years ago I was making $72 a week plus tips for ~50 papers a day (about 45 minutes of my time per day).

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by a_bun_in_the_oven View Post
    That's really crappy pay for newspapers. Back 20 years ago I was making $72 a week plus tips for ~50 papers a day (about 45 minutes of my time per day).
    It wasn't The newspaper, but the Starmail. It says it will take 2 hours once a week on Thursday night, but with both of us (mostly me, though, lol) stuffing the papers and delivering the first time during winter it took 6 hours. If we both got really experienced at stuffing and it was during spring, then it may only take 2 hours. But $7 wasn't worth it, even for 2 hours each week.

I paid $5 a trip however my niece had to walk my son home the opposite direction from her house. So after dropping him off she then had to walk home. It also wasn't everyday.

$20 a month? Works out to $1 a day. Honestly I have no idea lol

20 a month? Works out to $1 a day.

If you are a single mom, you may be looking for additional sources of income. And Forex trading can become a good solution in your situation. But it is not an easy way to become a successful trader. It does not happen overnight. You will need to go through education and training. Do not forget to read about rating forex brokers on https://tradersunion.com/ratings/forex/common/.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12