Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: One week!

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Default One week!

Whose ready? Are you ready for them to be back? Are they exited? What grade is everyone's kids going into?

I for one am not ready for them to go back. I've worked 4-5 hrs every day all summer so I haven't gotten annoyed by them yet lol. It also means I'll be back at work full time. boo! There are definitely mixed feelings by my kids. They kinda want to go back but don't at the same time. As far as supplies etc... we're ready in that sense. We didn't do much in regards to school clothes since I know they'll wear most their summer stuff for a few weeks. But we have picked up a couple of new things for them just because. They'll be going into grades 3 and 8! time needs to slow down!!
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

Expert Forum User

We're as ready as we're going to be I think. lol. DD is excited and nervous. DD is going into grade 1.

Expert Forum User

I'm ready anyway....

This year I have a kid in Grade 7, 9 and 12.......

Grade 1 and jk. They're both pretty excited. I asked DS2 what I'm going to do all day when he goes to school. He told me to make myself a nice cup of tea!

Expert Forum User

We are ready, but my kids won't actually be going the first week as we will be away. I have everything ready though, bags packed, shoes labelled, etc. as we leave this Saturday and will be back around midnight next Sunday for them to start that Monday. I'm going into the school on Thursday or Friday to tell the administration, we only know my youngest's teacher, but don't know who the others have. This year they are SK, grade 1, 3, and 5. My last year with my little man home two days a week. They are looking forward to seeing their friends again as we weren't around much this summer, but they don't want to actually go back to school.
    a_bun_in_the_oven likes this.

Expert Forum User

Mostly ready.
    DS1 will be going into grade 7. He has his backpack and a zippered binder, and shoes, and most of his supplies from last year are good enough. Just have to go through and organize everything. He doesn't want to go back, but we had a good summer and did lots (2 days camping and beach, zoo, greenview aviaries with my mom/sister/niece, 3 movies just the 2 of us, and swimming just the 2 of us).

DS2 will be starting JK. He has backpack, lunch pail, shoes, and is very, very ready to go. He did 3 weeks of camp this year, but has still missed the routine and friends everyday since he ended daycare in June.

I just bought 1-3 months worth of lunch snacks (mostly healthy), yogurt drinks, juice boxes. So, I am ready for lunches and just have to add apple and sandwich.

Expert Forum User

Not looking forward to back-to-school at all. I dread the making of lunches and whole morning routine and after school madness.

The twins are going into grade 4 and our youngest is going into SK.
    one ordinary girl likes this.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

As for supplies, the only thing we have left to buy as far as we know is indoor shoes for dd but she can use her summertime outdoor ones for now, and possibly a pencil sharpener or two but
    they can wait until pay day. I'm not busing or cabbing over to walmart for those items until pay...no point for all the time it takes.

Clothes are well stocked, all sale stuff or goodwill, some kijiji.

Kids....
    well, dd is going into grade 3 and I think she's excited to start and see what neat new stuff this school does as we only had two or three weeks here before school let out. I think she's
    curious about it all, and that she'll mostly enjoy herself. I hope like hell she has/finds some friends as friends are what really makes it or breaks it for her. She hasn't had a lot of playtime with kids her own age this summer. Like a few times, but not regularly.

DS is going into gr.7 and I think he just doesn't care and knows he has no choice so will do what's required. If he gets involved in the chess club, maybe something new that this school has that we don't even know of since our last school had so little, I think he could really enjoy it. But so far since he doesn't really make close friends easily, he isn't really invested here. I hope he finds at laets one good, solid friend. He gets along with everyone, not worried there, just need an actual ally in life for him. He has only seen one friend once and the other friend twice all summer.

And then there's the youngest. As she is fond of saying when asked if she's starting school, "No, me and mommy just aren't ready for that yet." lol She's not going to jk, and we're starting toilet training boot camp soon as school starts she totally knows how and when to go, but with not driving and everythign being a forty minute or more bus ride, plus standing around at bus stops, and so on, we just kind of got lazy and stopped caring and she's done pullups or diapers all summer. But we know it must be done so we'll do it.
    She's got fun stuff lined up. New buddy across the street, playgroup once or twice a week, and library circle time once a week.

I'm going to miss them but I think it's better for ds to get school going again....I've been too easygoing and he's spent a LOT of time ont he computer. He's also done other stuff, like read a ton of books and built things and the pool and all that, but I think the whole actually-has-to-go-out thing will be good for him.
    DD1 age 7 DS age 11
    "I will remember you." July/10
    Baby Elaina born October 28th, 2011. Making every single day that much more special.
    INTERESTED IN BUYING DVDS OF OLD KIDS' SHOWS. Mr.Rogers', Mr.Dressup, Polka Dot Door, etc

Expert Forum User

I'm close enough. I haven't bought a whole lot of clothes but no biggie. I've got one going into grade 3 and another going into SK.

Expert Forum User

Oh, I'm ready! My girls have been going to bed at 10-10:30 all summer and home with them and working in the evenings/weekends so I need a little break from having all 3 at home all day. My oldest is not ready to go back, but I think the younger one might be? She hasn't said either way. They are going into grade 3 and 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Reese'smom View Post
    Oh, I'm ready! My girls have been going to bed at 10-10:30 all summer and home with them and working in the evenings/weekends so I need a little break from having all 3 at home all day. My oldest is not ready to go back, but I think the younger one might be? She hasn't said either way. They are going into grade 3 and 6.
    oh yes the bedtime! It's been the same here after 10:00 most nights. I need my time alone at night back! DD1 just doesn't get it! it's not like she's a problem but she doesn't shut up lol I need a little silence at some point!
    Findabhair likes this.
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Bedtime/morning is usually so easy for me because i keep them on a good schedule all summer but this year it all went to hell lol.

Like last night they were up until 11. All three of them. so the youngest slept in until 11am, which is ok since she doesn't go to school this year, but the other two I had to wake at ten
    DD1 age 7 DS age 11
    "I will remember you." July/10
    Baby Elaina born October 28th, 2011. Making every single day that much more special.
    INTERESTED IN BUYING DVDS OF OLD KIDS' SHOWS. Mr.Rogers', Mr.Dressup, Polka Dot Door, etc

Expert Forum User

I hate the switching sleep thing.... ugh.

Mine are a little older, so don't really have "bedtimes" in the summer, sooooo they have been up past midnight for most the summer and this weekend, when I would usually attempt to get them back on schedule - we are heading off to the cottage - which is always late nights - ugh.

Mine have been sleeping until between 9-10 pretty much all summer. It's rare if they're up before nine. 7:30 is gonna be a huge wake up call next week!
    a_bun_in_the_oven likes this.

We homeschool and started this wk. Sigh. The first couple of wks are always an adjustment! I have to make sure that I have all of the books for the right ages ready and organized. I again have to figure out how to keep the house organized and teach the kids. It seems to always be discouraging while we figure out the wrinkles. Like making sure the TV is off and the kids are dressed is a plus. lol All in all, it will all work out just like it does every other year. I just find the first wk or two hard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast