Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ingalls

Thread: Fairy Gardens

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default Fairy Gardens

Do you have one? DD's great aunt got her a few supplies to start a fairy garden, as her bday gift. This is likely the last gift she will get from this aunt as
    the aunt has cancer and so I want to make sure we go ahead and get this done soon so we can at least take her a photo to show her what dd did with the stuff.
    If nothing else, it gives the aunt a moment's distraction from her difficult reality right now eh.
    Just curious if anyone else is making fairy gardens, what you used, if you'd like to share some photos
    We haven't started yet as we need to kill a wasp nest first that is in the tree above our only garden spot but hope to start ours next weekend.
    I wish I could find some acorn lids but so far no luck on our walks.
    DD1 age 7 DS age 11
    "I will remember you." July/10
    Baby Elaina born October 28th, 2011. Making every single day that much more special.
    INTERESTED IN BUYING DVDS OF OLD KIDS' SHOWS. Mr.Rogers', Mr.Dressup, Polka Dot Door, etc

Are you on Pinterest? There are tonnes of ideas on there!

Fairy Houses | London Moms

heeman's had plants and accessories for a fairy garden. My girls just get creative with yard waste.

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

You can always do one in a container first then place it in the garden.
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

Expert Forum User

I have done a fairy garden this year. I did it in a big pot outside filled with dirt. I have some different succulents in their and one cactus I then have a fairy home that is shaped like a mushroom and lights up. I have a few fairies, a gnome, a small bridge, a bench, a cute tree and some marbles. My only problem with the garden is everytime it rains everythign is dirty and knocked over. I don't know how to stop this, it's too heavey to bring inside everytime it rains.

You can buy fairy garden supplies at most garden centres now and I got a lot of my items out in Birr at that varity, gift shop they have.
    I'm

[/B]

NikkiJ I don't know if this would work or not, but you could try putting a cover over your garden when it rains? Like something intended for a barbecue or bike,
    and must a bungee cord around it to hold it in place and then remove it when the rain passes?

I think we're going to get popsicle sticks at the dollar store and try to build a log cabin for the fairies lol that should go well....and we're going to get a little bird house
    to paint as a nother little house, and some of those stones like you'd use in a vase to make a path to their door, and dd mentioned maybe some flowers that spread
    to be their grass,
    and she wants something that lights up so we're thinking of trying to find a creative way to use those lightup tealight candles, or something solar powered,
    and trying to put it into something more whimsical.
    She also suggested we could get clay, and make mushrooms and paint them. Tht would be fun!
    one ordinary girl likes this.
    DD1 age 7 DS age 11
    "I will remember you." July/10
    Baby Elaina born October 28th, 2011. Making every single day that much more special.
    INTERESTED IN BUYING DVDS OF OLD KIDS' SHOWS. Mr.Rogers', Mr.Dressup, Polka Dot Door, etc