Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SpringChicks

Thread: Compression Stockings

Default Compression Stockings

need some advice on compression stockings. My mom has really bad varicose veins after 3 kids. She didnt wear stockings back then but she does now for her legs. Should i be wearing stockings or thigh highs? where is a good place to get them? i know shoppers home health has a fitter that will help you figure out which ones are good for you, but i know they are expensive and i don't have benefits to help cover them. ohh and my biggest question is when to start wearing them? the sooner the better? somedays i sit at work all day and some days i am on my feet of 6 hours at a time....

Do any of your veins stick out now? I wore them when I noticed them starting to swell. They certainly got worse the 2nd pregnancy. I got mine at shoppers. They are so ugly.

Expert Forum User

I wore them earlier with each pregnancy, but I already had vein issues even before having kids. I was fitted this last pregnancy at Venacare (corner of Oxford and Wharncliffe in the medical building). They were great there. I forget how much they were, around $150 for the thigh highs I think. Luckily I had coverage. I'm not sure I'd worry about getting them without first having any symptoms but I know I would have paid out of pocket for them if I had to b/c they really do help.
    There are other places who sell them as well. I'm not sure how much different the pricing is, but I'd definitely get someone to measure you for them before spending the money.
    tinydancer likes this.

Hailey - April 2008
    Scarlett - April 2012
    Troy - July 2014
    *Currently enrolled in the Perinatal Support Practitioner program through Babies Naturally and looking to attend births as a student doula. Please message me for details!*

The ones at Shoppers were $30