Expert Forum User

Default medical condition and travel insurance?

So I've been having a bunch of testing going on since January. A month ago I was put on a beta blocker and other medication. Two weeks ago my dose was upped and my cardiologist was thinking that I would be fixed and they were going to do some more testing to find out why it was happening as it wasn't a regular cause and they think the symptoms were masking the issue.
    We were planning on going to a relatives wedding in a month. It is the states. We have to RSVP by next weekend. My next cardiologist appointment isn't for two weeks. I know I don't have a named heart condition right now as they are still investigating.
    How do I know if my medical insurance will cover me while I'm state side?

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Call them and ask?
    Or buy travellers' insurance?
    I got mine through BMO and I don't recall any big questions about my health at all.
    DD1 age 7 DS age 11
    "I will remember you." July/10
    Baby Elaina born October 28th, 2011. Making every single day that much more special.
    INTERESTED IN BUYING DVDS OF OLD KIDS' SHOWS. Mr.Rogers', Mr.Dressup, Polka Dot Door, etc

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I got mine through BMO after just starting meds for blood pressure/heart issues and I had no problem getting the insurance. I hope things get figured out for you.

“life is not measured by the breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away“

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Oh no. Sorry to hear that. Hope you're ok!
    Stop thinking you’re not ready. – Nobody ever feels 100% ready when an opportunity arises. Because most great opportunities in life force us to grow beyond our comfort zones, which means we won’t feel totally comfortable at first.

~ Breastfed for 7 months, 2 weeks and 3 days ~

Expert Forum User

I hope you are ok, and got the insurance sorted out. I don't think getting the insurance is difficult as many don't have medical questionnaires, but getting paid out if something happens may be problematic. You need to review the fine print for coverage of pre-existing medical conditions, tests etc.
    Last edited by Pomegranate; 06-24-2015 at 12:09 PM.

Expert Forum User

I called around and after talking to some knowledgeable people was able to find out details. Like you have said, many don't have health questionnaires but that doesn't mean you are fully covered if something happens. I was told by a couple companies 'it will depend on circumstances, so read the fine print after you get the paper work.'
    I then got the info that my heart isn't covered, but everything else is. When my meds don't change for 3 months I will have full coverage again.