Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Teenagers and parties.......

Just FYI...even if you don't provide any booze, if anyone brings it onto your property, drinks, and then drives, it's still your ass on the line. Totally not worth it IMO.
    MamaM and Ingalls like this.

Expert Forum User

The party went fine.
    There were the 10 or so boys who spent the night and about 15 or so others who came out from 9-12.

There was drinking, but the 2 kids who drove did not drink and everyone else had a parent drop off and pick up.
    Only one kid needed to use the washroom to poop, and the girls didn't even ask, I would have let them since it was only a few people, not the huge crowd I was worried about.

My kid was upset it didn't turn out "epic", I was relieved, LMAO.

As an aside, I find it frustrating that the law could find me responsible for drinking when I didn't supply the alcohol or monitor it's intake. What happens when the kid has a party and we aren't home?
    ChinUp likes this.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Quote Originally Posted by gogomom View Post
    The party went fine.
    As an aside, I find it frustrating that the law could find me responsible for drinking when I didn't supply the alcohol or monitor it's intake. What happens when the kid has a party and we aren't home?
    then your not held responsible providing you you did not leave the booze for em on purpose

Expert Forum User

For next time: I went to a party that was similar many, many years ago, but I think everyone was about 21 so legal to drink. We were all told to bring a tent to sleep there. If we didn't have a tent then the parents took our keys and we would have to get them back at the end, so they could see if we were drunk. They hired a DJ/friend for 2 hours (maybe 9pm-11pm) and had a party tent.

I have heard that renting a port-a-potty is really cheap and they drop off/clean/pick up, so that could be an easy option.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by melissawilliam View Post
    I have heard that renting a port-a-potty is really cheap and they drop off/clean/pick up, so that could be an easy option.
    A porta-potty (no sink) is around $200 for the weekend... I would have done that if I had a few more days notice. I've done it before for parties, and we rent one every year for our family picnic.
    ChinUp likes this.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by sittingpretty View Post
    then your not held responsible providing you you did not leave the booze for em on purpose
    So I'm better off to not monitor the party - I mean, if the kid had the party on the property and not told me, or if I had chosen to not go, I wouldn't be held responsible, but if I go and try to make sure that no one drinks and drives and miss someone, I'm legally responsible.... Yikes.

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Some people will try and sue for really dumb stuff - heard this one the other day. Drunk girl left a bar in London, got into a vehicle with a SOBER driver, driver gets into an accident on/near campus, drunk girl is injured, drunk girl wants to sue the bar for letting her get in a car with a SOBER driver. WTF people.

Glad to hear everything went well!
    AuntPetunia likes this.
    Stop thinking you’re not ready. – Nobody ever feels 100% ready when an opportunity arises. Because most great opportunities in life force us to grow beyond our comfort zones, which means we won’t feel totally comfortable at first.

~ Breastfed for 7 months, 2 weeks and 3 days ~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12