Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: OB or Midwife

Expert Forum User

I've done ob with all my pregnancies I never had to wait for my appointment. Maybe 5 mins tops if they were running behind but 3 hours? To pee in a cup and measure my belly no way I woulda left.
    Last edited by DMSco; 03-13-2015 at 12:59 PM.
    ~Who ever said "don't cry over spilt milk" has never been a breast feeding mother with latch issues standing over a puddle

Quote Originally Posted by pricetag View Post
    I've never had a midwife only OB and had a good experience. It's not true that the wait times are long at LHSc. The OB's aren't delivering babies when they do clinic so you don't wait. I'm pregnant now and usually taken in before my appointment times and in and out.
    When I was pregnant with my 7 year old, I had Dr. Maruncic (who is great, but sadly wasn't there to deliver!) and I waited anywhere from 2-4 hours to see him each time! I think there were a couple of times when I was in within about an hour, but generally it took FOREVER. On average I'd say it was 2 hours.
    He is my gynecologist (for the last couple of years) and when I have gone I have only waited an hour TOPS.
    I am pregnant again and he is my OB and I've only gone for one OB appointment thus far and I waited about an hour to an hour and a half to see him for about 5 minutes.
    Hopefully the wait times are no longer crazy long like they were with my first, but I have yet to hear from anyone I know who have had babies in the past few years that anything has changed. Maybe it all depends on your doctor. I even asked when his less busy times are, and was told he has no such thing.

Ali

Maybe try to get one of the first appointments of the day? I experienced the same thing--great doctor but wait times were really long.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123