Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Broken Leg

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiJ View Post
    Hi

I"m so sorry you are going through this. I broke mine a few years ago, broke the fibula not the tibula and acutally walked on it for three days before going to get x-rays! I had to have surgery, two plates and 8 screws. I was couch ridden for 7 or 8 weeks and on percocet for the pain...i find it unbelieveable that they have not given you anything for pain? It does get better. You are going to catch up on some crazy day time TV and try and sleep as much as you can. Have any good books you've been meaning to read? Nows the time. Think of it like this...a mini vacation from life...ya it sucks and it's painful but try and have the mindset that this is not forever and during this time I'm expected to do nothing but relax. I acutually had to do this twice, a year later they took the plates and screws out because they were working their way out of my body. My body is not a fan of foreign objects in it I guess. So one year later almost to the day I was back on another vacation and on pain killers again. This was wasn't as long.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel! Get well soon.
    Thank you! Glad to hear from someone who has gone through something similar. The no painkiller thing is very hard to deal with, especially since I also have Fibro & 2 types of arthritis & chronic pain from it When I asked for an alternative to Tyelenol, my question went in 1 ear & out the other.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by 2boysmom View Post
    Thank you! Glad to hear from someone who has gone through something similar. The no painkiller thing is very hard to deal with, especially since I also have Fibro & 2 types of arthritis & chronic pain from it When I asked for an alternative to Tyelenol, my question went in 1 ear & out the other.
    Have you thought about getting a referral to the Pain Clinic? It is at St. Joes.
    https://www.sjhc.london.on.ca/painmanagement
    Last edited by Sunrise; 02-13-2015 at 07:06 PM.
    Married 2005. DD1 2007. DD2 2011. Beta Sigma Phi 2013.
    ... and one cute little kitty!

Expert Forum User

I'm so sorry to hear all you've been through with your leg! That would definitely be isolating and stressful. If you need any groceries or a meal dropped off please PM me your address and any food allergies and I'd be happy to bring something over.

Hailey - April 2008
    Scarlett - April 2012
    Troy - July 2014
    *Currently enrolled in the Perinatal Support Practitioner program through Babies Naturally and looking to attend births as a student doula. Please message me for details!*

That sounds horrible! I can hardly stand being home all day at all (and this is with full use of all limbs). Although I should have broken bones from numerous stupid things over the years, I never have and wish I could offer advice for you. I'd be more than happy to bring over food, over, books to read etc. though so please don't hesitate to ask!

Quote Originally Posted by dexter6 View Post
    That sounds horrible! I can hardly stand being home all day at all (and this is with full use of all limbs). Although I should have broken bones from numerous stupid things over the years, I never have and wish I could offer advice for you. I'd be more than happy to bring over food, over, books to read etc. though so please don't hesitate to ask!
    Thank you so much. That is so kind of you My Dh has been very helpful when he is here but it is difficult with him having to work FT. My MIL has helped out a lot as well & so has my mom when she is able to (but lives out of town, which makes it difficult at times). I am just feeling kind of down lately having to be stuck in all of the time. 12 weeks before I can even begin to weight bare is a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringChicks View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear all you've been through with your leg! That would definitely be isolating and stressful. If you need any groceries or a meal dropped off please PM me your address and any food allergies and I'd be happy to bring something over.
    Thank you so much for your kind offer! DH, MIL & my mom have been great with helping when they are able to. They have all been pitching in to cook, etc, so I appreciate that. It's just that being here all day long in this state is difficult & I have quite a while to go yet I just need to complain about it & 'get it out' once in a while
    SpringChicks likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12