Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By momtotwoboys
  • 1 Post By Nemo
  • 1 Post By Findabhair
  • 1 Post By Nemo

Thread: Feeling sick...is it dehydration?

Expert Forum User

Default Feeling sick...is it dehydration?

I wouldn't be questioning if this was something that hasn't been happening for awhile. Obviously it's cold and flu season so I've just been passing it off as a possible virus. I took multiple pg tests from Oct - early Dec. and they were negative. I fit into pre-pregnancy jeans now so I'm assuming I'm still not pg!
    Anyway, I basically have days where I will suddenly feel like crap out of nowhere. It can be anything from just a bit of nausea, to full out hot, sweaty, dizzy, etc. I do drink 1 coffee in the morning but then switch to water after that. There are some days were I'll have a small coffee in the afternoon if I'm going to a meeting or taking the kids to something at night. I have noticed my anxiety starts acting up when I do this though so I've tried to keep coffee to once a day.
    This past weekend DH and I went to the wine and food show. I drank a decent amount (for me, I've always been a lightweight though) but felt fine the next day. Then the day after that (yesterday) I started feeling kind of gross and this has continued into today. Tonight after my shower I felt really sick and kind of dizzy (this happened frequently when I was pg and I assumed it was due to dehydration). I keep driving DH crazy saying maybe I should take another pg test. So yeah...any advice? Do I just need to chug more water and hope for the best? I have been trying to up my protein too and started taking prenatals again.

Hailey - April 2008
    Scarlett - April 2012
    Troy - July 2014
    *Currently enrolled in the Perinatal Support Practitioner program through Babies Naturally and looking to attend births as a student doula. Please message me for details!*

Maybe you need to get some bloodwork done. Thyroid, B12?
    SpringChicks likes this.
    DS1 Oct 21, 2003
    DS2 Nov 20, 2006

Expert Forum User

Ick, my mom had thyroid cancer a few years ago so I'm always worried it could be my thyroid. I'm down to my pre-pregnancy weight again when I hoped that I could keep some of it on. I might call my doctor and see if I can get some blood work done. I feel like this just happened when I was pregnant though although things obviously change during and after. I have no idea about B12. I'm still taking prenatal vitamins while I bf (I kind of slacked there for a bit around the holidays so I'm sure that didn't help).

Hailey - April 2008
    Scarlett - April 2012
    Troy - July 2014
    *Currently enrolled in the Perinatal Support Practitioner program through Babies Naturally and looking to attend births as a student doula. Please message me for details!*

Expert Forum User

How's your blood pressure? I'd get you blood checked, maybe your iron is low.
    SpringChicks likes this.

Expert Forum User

My blood pressure is always on the low side as is my iron. I need to take DS in soon for a check-up so maybe I'll just get her to book me an appt too.

Hailey - April 2008
    Scarlett - April 2012
    Troy - July 2014

wow you sound like me! I just had a baby (4 months ago) and am breastfeeding and experiencing the exact same thing! I am too wondering if im pregnant again or if its just hormones! weird!

Expert Forum User

Hmmm weird. It could be hormonal for sure. AF isn't back yet but I usually have pms symptoms for awhile postpartum before it does. Maybe I just need a nap lol.

Hailey - April 2008
    Scarlett - April 2012
    Troy - July 2014

Expert Forum User

Low iron can make you feel nauseated and dizzy.

Expert Forum User

My blood pressure was 104/59 today. That's a good day. If it dips lower I start to sweat, get dizzy and slowly start blacking out. I have to sit with with my head between my knees or lay down immediately or I'll pass out. My iron and B12 are high. It's solely caused by low bp
    SpringChicks likes this.

Expert Forum User

Thanks ladies! Feeling a bit better today. Drinking lots of water and herbal tea.

Hailey - April 2008
    Scarlett - April 2012
    Troy - July 2014