Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Winter 2015 Exercise Thread

Expert Forum User

Default Winter 2015 Exercise Thread

Here it is the New Year and it is now is the time to get back into an exercise routine whether it be at home, yoga shack, gym or outside. Post when you are able, try for once a week or a couple of times a week on what you did to stay fit!

Today I started back to my exercise routine after my kids have started back to school yesterday. I really enjoy doing classes run by an instructor as I find them very motivating with the awesome music, a great cool down and great people you meet! Today, I did a 40 minute Group Ride class at lunch time + 20 minutes of cycling on my own before the class started and worked extra hard!
    Last edited by Granola; 01-06-2015 at 07:00 PM.
    Granola is a Mum to 2 wonderful boys

Super Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Have you tried Group Grove yet Granola?
    *~* The point isn't whether they lived happily ever after, the point is that they lived*~

Expert Forum User

HEA, I have not tried Group Grove. Our Group Ride instructor today talked about the introduction of Group Grove. I prefer Group Ride and Group Power which are my favourite classes and they are offered over the lunch hour. If you try Group Groove out, please let me know what you think!

Administrator Site Admin

Ok I'm back on the wagon again too! Trying to work out 3-4 times per week plus playing soccer 2x per week. The hardest part for me is the food! I love sweets and soda....so hard to stay on track.
    Leslie

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I've kept up my exercising, but with Bernardos closed over the holidays and my love of sweet carby foods and beer/coolers during December, well there's a few pounds to lose! Kickboxing 3-4 times a week and kettlebell 3 times a week. Hopefully that works!
    Mommy to three adorable kids!

Expert Forum User

I started back to yoga last week. So far it's just 1 class a week but I might look into drop in classes somewhere too.

Hailey - April 2008
    Scarlett - April 2012
    Troy - July 2014
    *Currently enrolled in the Perinatal Support Practitioner program through Babies Naturally and looking to attend births as a student doula. Please message me for details!*

Once again I'm stalling with my weight loss.
    I am still doing the wii and going to the gym but I am not losing.
    I'm hoping the walks thru the snow walking the kids to and from school will do it....it was so hard yesterday doing this!!!!

Administrator Site Admin

The food and sweets are killing me!

I'm crazy busy so I can make the gym 2-3 times and I'm playing soccer 2x per week but I can't stop eating!!

Baby steps....I've switched to pepsi max during the week and I'm only allowing myself to have 1 real soda once during the week and once on the weekend. For me this is big..I was back up to 1-2 per DAY. I don't drink coffee or tea.
    Last edited by Leslie; 01-20-2015 at 08:53 AM.
    Leslie

Got off my butt and met with the wellness instructor at the Y last night. Another meeting on Monday to design a program then its time to shift the belly

Expert Forum User

I continue to do my lunch time Group Ride classes at the Y and went for some long walks along the river the last couple of weeks. Today, I did a 40 minute Group Ride class plus 15 minutes of cycling on my own before the class started. We started a new music release today for Group Ride which made it even more challenging but I feel awesome afterwards!

I went to see my dr yesterday and she is quite happy with my progress!!!

I've heard from people that I look fragile etc so I thought I would check with my doc to see what she says and how much more weight I should lose. She told me I can still lose a few more lbs. All my blood work came back fine...even my tests showed non diabetic. I know I will always be a diabetic but if I continue to exercise and eat right I will not need to be on medication. YAY

On another positive note, the scale at my drs office, which normally reads high compared to mine showed an actual lower number than mine at home so yahoo the scaled moved!!! I treated myself to another dish of greek yogurt and banana...my favorite; I can't get enough of this stuff!!!
    SpringChicks likes this.

Expert Forum User

I have been sick with a cold and flu and I am still sick so I have not been to the gym for 10 days which is so unlike me. I miss the Y and working out. I have been going for some walks to try to stay fit but it is not the same as working out. What has everyone else been up to lately with staying fit?

Expert Forum User

The last few weeks I have been getting over a cold and flu so I was not at the gym but instead kept active by going for long walks along the river. Now finally I am back at the gym and feel amazing. Yesterday, I did a Group Ride class and felt so much better being back to my usual workout classes. This morning I opted to go for a walk along the river but tomorrow I am back at the gym doing Group Ride. Taking it a bit easy this week getting back into exercising.

How is everyone else doing with getting some exercise?
    Last edited by Granola; 03-04-2015 at 11:52 AM.

Expert Forum User

Glad you are finally feeling better Granola. It's been a long winter. Mostly, I have just been running on the treadmill and doing lights wgts 2-3 times a week. But as of last week, I am training for the Forest City Race 10K at the end of April. I have a work out schedule that I am following for 9 weeks, so I can be prepared. I am okay with food. I am T1 diabetic, and have been for years, my last app't my dietician said she is impressed, I am a very healthy eater. (of course I still order pizza and eat chocolate once in a while), and that is fine.

Monday- Yoga
    Tues- 4 km run
    Wed- 30 min cross train (swim, bike, walk/jog)
    Thurs- 3.2 km run
    Fri- Rest
    Sat or Sun- 5km long run
    DS June 2007
    DD April 2010

"No influence is so powerful as that of the mother."- Sarah Josepha Hale

Expert Forum User

I started back to my Group Ride classes at the gym last week and went again On Tuesday too of this week. Plus I am going for walks along the river which the nice spring weather. I feel amazing with my workout routine!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast