Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Black Friday deals - what did ya get?

Expert Forum User

Classified Listing Black Friday deals - what did ya get?

I was fairly impressed with the Black Friday deals in Canada this year. Normally I pop over to the States, but did really well in London.

I got pants at Old Navy 50% off and free shipping.
    I made 4 photobooks with Shutterfly for 50% off plus free shipping to Canada.
    50% off custom mouse pads & desk plaques at shutterfly as well.
    Scored huge at Wal-Mart and Toys R Us . Dropped about $250 at each. 50% off most things.
    Got some good deals at Amazon as well. 50% off a few playmobil sets.
    Got great deals at Winners too - lots of toys, household items and home decor for gifts.
    Bought about 8 things at Reitmans online - 70% off clearance items + free shipping.
    Bought my Mom a few things at Cleo online - 75% off plus free shipping.
    Plus $210 free at SDM.
    Was a really good weekend!!!

And Cyber Monday hasn't even hit yet......

So.... Anyone else score some really good deals this weekend? Please share... I still have more shopping to do.
    Married 2005. DD1 2007. DD2 2011. Beta Sigma Phi 2013.
    ... and one cute little kitty!

I got some new boots for myself (30% off and free shipping). Lots of Xmas gifts for dd from toys r us, and a ps4 for dh. Xmas shopping complete! Oh, then I went to my company holiday party and won a door prize of an electronic keyboard. Don't know what to do with it yet....

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDavis View Post
    won a door prize of an electronic keyboard. Don't know what to do with it yet....
    Fun! Keep it for a few years - my daughter got one when she was four and it was the BEST!
    Married 2005. DD1 2007. DD2 2011. Beta Sigma Phi 2013.
    ... and one cute little kitty!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrise View Post
    Fun! Keep it for a few years - my daughter got one when she was four and it was the BEST!
    My boss offered to buy it from me for her son. Thinking of that too
    Sunrise likes this.

Expert Forum User

I got my DH his new work boots, saving $160. All four boys got new Geox shoes, the next size up for spring or whenever, at 50% off. A hoodie for myself and DH 60% off. A few board games and books for the boys.

I went with my Mom to get her a new phone. Her contract was up 2 months ago and many functions on her stopped working last week so it was perfect timing. After checking out a couple stores and companies she ended up with an iPhone for free and her new plan which offers more data and minutes then her old one, AND is $15/month cheaper.
    Sunrise likes this.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I got some dvds from amazon for 1.99 for my fil, and some baby Lalaloopsy dolls for 10 bucks.
    DD1 age 7 DS age 11
    "I will remember you." July/10
    Baby Elaina born October 28th, 2011. Making every single day that much more special.
    INTERESTED IN BUYING DVDS OF OLD KIDS' SHOWS. Mr.Rogers', Mr.Dressup, Polka Dot Door, etc

Expert Forum User

Boots 50% off for me, 50% off at old Navy so kids will be getting new vest and 2 hoodies and a few paira of jeans, pants etc. I am just starting my shopping kids haven't given me much of an idea besides their big gifts what they want

Expert Forum User

I got an ipad mini for $30 off from Best Buy (on Thursday afternoon, and didn't even have to wait in lines, they were cheaper at Walmart on Saturday, but I didn't feel like the hassle), and a case from Amazon.ca for 25% off. I got Lego set for 25%, and bought playdoh set for 50% off ($12.49).
    I was hoping to buy an $8 board game at Target, but didn't go until yesterday and they were sold out.
    Last edited by melissawilliam; 12-01-2014 at 09:00 AM.

Expert Forum User

Nothin' much. I bought some things from JoeFresh at 30% off, as I needed some bits and pieces anyway (mostly mitts for kids, and some xmas sleepwear). The couple of things I had in mind didn't go on sale.

Expert Forum User

Mehh - I need to still stop by The Bay and pick up a Kitchenaid appliance from there from my Mom before the end of the day, but otherwise I didn't really feel like the sales were that good. Tons of electronics on sale - if you needed a new TV this was the weekend to buy it.
    I was planning on Old Navy for pj's and underwear for the boys - but then I saw the price increase before the sale and frankly it annoyed me too much to shop there (on Reddit for anyone interested).

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

I wasn't really out looking for deals. I did get my Nana a sweatshirt from Northern reflections for 50% off plus an extra 10% for signing up for emails. I also bought slippers from there for my mom. I walked in there not even thinking about it being black friday! I was just on my way home and i had time to stop and run in ( cherry hill mall)
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

Expert Forum User

A new car seat, cloth diapers and some clothes for dd from old Navy. All online.

I also got some lego 30% off, forgot about that. Nephew's birthday gift done now.

And yesterday I got batteries for apparently an extended black Friday price, 6 AAA's for 5.97
    DD1 age 7 DS age 11
    "I will remember you." July/10
    Baby Elaina born October 28th, 2011. Making every single day that much more special.
    INTERESTED IN BUYING DVDS OF OLD KIDS' SHOWS. Mr.Rogers', Mr.Dressup, Polka Dot Door, etc

M2M

Not a thing! felt great
    jacksmom and Reese'smom like this.

Expert Forum User

Britax Pioneer for DD1 from SnuggleBugz. A couple of cute sleepers for DS from Roots and a wallet for DH (and a hoodie for me!).
    Today I'm looking for jammies for the kids and my nieces and nephews...maybe from Gymboree or ON??

Hailey - April 2008
    Scarlett - April 2012
    Troy - July 2014
    *Currently enrolled in the Perinatal Support Practitioner program through Babies Naturally and looking to attend births as a student doula. Please message me for details!*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast