Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Nemo

Thread: Winter Weather Walking with littles

Expert Forum User

Default Winter Weather Walking with littles

Just wondering what everyone uses during the winter if you have to walk a lot with a 1 year old. Do you use a stroller? Sled? etc? What kind? Thanks!

Expert Forum User
    Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.~Michael Pollan, author of In Defense of Food
    If we want to move towards a low-polluting, sustainable society, we need to get consumers to think about their purchases-David Suzuki
    "You must be the change you want to see in the world"- Mahatma Gandhi

Expert Forum User

I used both, my sled would get damaged on the bottom if I used it on cement. So I would look at the sidewalk to see how it was. If the sidewalk was covered in snow then I used the sled. If it was mostly scraped off, then I used my stroller.

Expert Forum User

An ergo
    LaLa likes this.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I used a wrap tucked inside my coat when they were super tiny, and then a stroller the rest of the time. I am a huge fan of the 3 wheeled air filled strollers (mine is a baby trend jogging stroller). I find them much easier in snow than any four wheeled ones and I have a quinny 4xl so it's not like I only have tried
    cheapo ones.
    I use a wind cover (rain cover) almost all the time in winter, and just fold it back when we're indoors.
    I walk almost everywhere. In the summer and fall, my 2 year old was to the point of being able towalk some places, like if we were taking a bus she'd walk the five blocks to the stop and ride the bus etc but now she's back to having to go in a stroller a lot because it is just too impossible to block her littlef ace from some of these harsh winds.
    DD1 age 7 DS age 11
    "I will remember you." July/10
    Baby Elaina born October 28th, 2011. Making every single day that much more special.
    INTERESTED IN BUYING DVDS OF OLD KIDS' SHOWS. Mr.Rogers', Mr.Dressup, Polka Dot Door, etc

Expert Forum User

DS hates being carried in his Bjorn but DD2 loved it. We also have had 2 of the Pelican sleds (we find they only last a year b/c when the snow melts in patches it scrapes on the sidewalk and gets wrecked pretty quick). Chariot stroller has been the best hands down but I'm thinking of selling it as it's just a single and two of the kids would need to be in it. I have a Britax b-agile double and it's not the greatest in snow but is fine for getting to/from DD1's bus stop.

Hailey - April 2008
    Scarlett - April 2012
    Troy - July 2014
    *Currently enrolled in the Perinatal Support Practitioner program through Babies Naturally and looking to attend births as a student doula. Please message me for details!*

Expert Forum User

We also have a baby jogger, it has tires like a bicycle, it is easy to push.

I agree, be careful crossing roads....we have worn through sleds that way. We would take the pelican sled when we go for hikes, would not pull across roads because we didn't want it ruined.
    Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.~Michael Pollan, author of In Defense of Food
    If we want to move towards a low-polluting, sustainable society, we need to get consumers to think about their purchases-David Suzuki
    "You must be the change you want to see in the world"- Mahatma Gandhi