Expert Forum User

Default The sweat problem...

This is my third baby so you'd think I would have experienced it all by now, but I don't ever remember getting so hot while bf'ing! I literally start feeding DS and begin sweating. It goes from "hmm I'm a bit hot" to full on sweaty in minutes. I also find that my sweat is smellier (yep TMI, sorry!). I don't remember this happening with the girls and I nursed them for 9 months and 19 months. Hopefully my hormones will level out or maybe this is just my normal this time around (ughh).
    I would also love to start working out again and maybe this will help detox a bit? I remember with DD2 that I tried hot yoga for the first time and loved it but she was probably 6 months or so when I started going. Not sure if it affects the breast milk at all? She never seemed to have an issue but I've read that it can change the milk when your internal temp rises? I do remember that my sweat barely smelled after I had been going to hot yoga and running regularly. Not sure what to try. I've been upping my water intake to try and flush things out and keep hydrated. I've had a few dull headaches lately so I know I'm probably not drinking enough. Anyways, any thoughts on this or am I the only one that's experienced this sweatiness?

Hailey - April 2008
    Scarlett - April 2012
    Troy - July 2014
    *Currently enrolled in the Perinatal Support Practitioner program through Babies Naturally and looking to attend births as a student doula. Please message me for details!*

Expert Forum User

I was drenched for 3 days after I had my dd but nothing after that. I figured it was all the fluids I retained while pregnant.

Expert Forum User

Yep, with DD1 I remember the postpartum sweats right after, but this is an ongoing thing. I've googled stuff and apparently it's pretty normal. Doesn't happen while nursing every baby so maybe that's what's up. I guess the lactating glands are the same ones that produce sweat and that's why it can happen? Seems weird but hopefully it stops soon. I've now started the hair shedding phase...ughhh. Feeling pretty sexy over here

Hailey - April 2008
    Scarlett - April 2012
    Troy - July 2014
    *Currently enrolled in the Perinatal Support Practitioner program through Babies Naturally and looking to attend births as a student doula. Please message me for details!*

Expert Forum User

After DS1, I would sweat through shirts even in the winter. I bought a high end, clinical antiperspirant . I think Dry-Ex? It was almost $20 back then. It wasnt like regular stuff. You used it for a week straight, and it would burn the first few times, then you could go down to using it just once a week. You then could use regular stuff daily. It stopped my armpits from sweating 100%, while I was using it.
    My sweating and hair loss started when he was about 6 months old, and lasted past 1 year.
    Last edited by melissawilliam; 10-21-2014 at 05:08 PM.