Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Fall Exercise/Staying Healthy Thread 2014

Expert Forum User

Default Fall Exercise/Staying Healthy Thread 2014

Well, I have not started this thread for a year and so I decided again to see if it will keep going again. After being off from the gym for almost 2 months, I am now back to it and want keep motivated throughout the school year by hearing of what other LM's do to stay healthy and fit.

This week I did Group Ride (spin class) on Tuesday and Thursday and Saturday taking it easy for me starting to play soccer on Wednesday's starting next week.
    Granola is a Mum to 2 wonderful boys

Expert Forum User

Thanks for starting this! I need to get back to something after taking the summer off. I did go for a 40 minute good paced bike ride this evening with my Mom . . . but then went out for dinner to Red lobster.
    DH fixed the tension on my rowing machine so I can use it again and have no excuses. Tomorrow night I am doing a local fitness class, and maybe Wednesday too but I think I have a photo shoot being booked. Count me in, I could use some accountability.

Expert Forum User

Thanks for starting this thread again! Well I felt like my Goodlife membership was not well-used last year as I had it for about 3-4 months before I got pg and then was exhausted for awhile and didn't go. Then went to yoga only for a handful of times in the 2nd and 3rd trimester. Anyway, I like group classes better so I've signed up for a mom and baby bootcamp and will be doing yoga as well. Haven't attempted running yet and not sure I want to! I really think my cardio is shot at this point. Not looking forward to trying to build that back up.

Hailey - April 2008
    Scarlett - April 2012
    Troy - July 2014
    *Currently enrolled in the Perinatal Support Practitioner program through Babies Naturally and looking to attend births as a student doula. Please message me for details!*

Expert Forum User

I journaled and walked yesterday!
    ChinUp likes this.
    Wife to Doug and Mother of
    Alex, Nick, Hanna, Mya, Madeline and twin sweethearts, Isabelle and Abigail
    Sewing Mei Tais for Canadian Mamas

Expert Forum User

I've been walking every day for 40 minutes to walk DD to school and then back for me. It's the most I've done in a long time and I just keep trying to pick up speed on the way home sans child! Getting there!
    Mum to Alyssa (born April 30, 2005)

Expert Forum User

Last night I went to my fitness class and am feeling it today, mostly good though. I planned on doing some machines at the Y tonight while the boys were in their classes but DS4 wouldn't let me put him down without screaming so all I got was an arm workout for an hour Tomorrow after my dentist appt. I'll head to the Y for a class or swim.

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

I finally kicked my ass back to the treadmill where I'm doing a couch to 5K training. I manage to get on there about 4 times per week plus I do a few free weights.( been a good month) I also play soccer twice a week. Been working hard at drinking 1-2 litres of water a day. And generally watching the amount of carbs that I intake. It's probably not enough but it is something
    CRAZYTRAIN and ChinUp like this.
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

Anyone got any goals they're working towards? There's a Halloween 5K in Springbank I think I'm going to sign myself and DD1 up for. It's a fun one for kids cause lots of people run it dressed up.

London Honda Road Race Series - The 14th Annual Halloween Haunting 10K & 5K Run, 2K Fun Run/Walk, & Kiddie Trot
    sardam likes this.
    Stop thinking you’re not ready. – Nobody ever feels 100% ready when an opportunity arises. Because most great opportunities in life force us to grow beyond our comfort zones, which means we won’t feel totally comfortable at first.

~ Breastfed for 7 months, 2 weeks and 3 days ~

Quote Originally Posted by ChinUp View Post
    Anyone got any goals they're working towards? There's a Halloween 5K in Springbank I think I'm going to sign myself and DD1 up for. It's a fun one for kids cause lots of people run it dressed up.

London Honda Road Race Series - The 14th Annual Halloween Haunting 10K & 5K Run, 2K Fun Run/Walk, & Kiddie Trot
    That was the first 5KI ran. It was a lot of fun. Lots of ppl were dressed up.
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by ChinUp View Post

I have been considering trying a 5k. I will have to look into a couch to 5k training, or how they do it.

Expert Forum User

Awesome work LM`s so far!

This week, I have done a walk on Monday along the river valley, Group Ride (spin class) Tuesday and Thursday at lunch time. I played soccer with my team on Wednesday night and I do not feel that sore yet but I am taking a rest day tomorrow.

Have a great weekend!

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I've been going to kettlebell on Monday and Wednesday mornings, cardio kickboxing on Tuesday and Fridays and usually combat conditioning on Thursday (a HIIT class, crazy stuff we do) but did cardio kickboxing last night instead since my usual combat conditioning partner is resting up as tonight is her endurance test for her black belt (they do a three hour work out! katas, kickboxing, crazy stuff). Tonight is cardio kickboxing and tomorrow will be kettlebell and kickboxing. I've been riding my bike to and from work all summer as it's only a 15 min ride, but since it's getting colder I'm sure soon I'll be back to walking, I don't much like riding in the cold! Unfortunately the kids and I haven't really hiked a lot this summer, between being busy a lot of weekends, back to working fulltime for the summer and bad weather and wanting to enjoy the pool there just wasn't time.

Somehow I managed to put on 5lbs over the summer with our short vacations and if I could get myself around to drinking more water I think I would lose it but I have a hard time drinking a lot of water outside of working out, which doesn't really count since I usually sweat it all out.
    Mommy to three adorable kids!

Expert Forum User

I walked 45 mins (with the kids in the double stroller) Wed. morning. Today I did my first real postpartum workout in my mom and baby bootcamp class. My legs are sore but it was fun!
    aidensmom likes this.

Hailey - April 2008
    Scarlett - April 2012
    Troy - July 2014
    *Currently enrolled in the Perinatal Support Practitioner program through Babies Naturally and looking to attend births as a student doula. Please message me for details!*

Expert Forum User

I have done Group Ride classes and I played soccer Wednesday night. I am also going to Group Ride class on Saturday.

Have a great weekend!

Expert Forum User

I'm going to bite the bullet and join a gym. Anyone have any opinions on The Athletics Club versus Goodlife? On the surface, The Athletics Club looks a bit more swish and with a lot more classes to choose from, but Goodlife is much closer to me and probably a bit cheaper. I like to do a couple of classes, but also just use the machines and weights in the gym normally. (Well, a long time ago when I actually belonged to a gym.)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast