Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Essential oils--Good Quality

Default Essential oils--Good Quality

I am just learning about the many benefits of essential oils. A friend uses Do Terra and has recommended them to me. Is anyone familiar with their product? I was wondering if $32 was expensive for a 15mL bottle of lavender? I thought maybe it was, but maybe their product is top of the line? How do you tell?
    Can anyone recommend a good quality brand or place to buy EOs? Preferably within driving distances as opposed to online. Only bc I don't want to wait to get some lol

TIA

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I've been looking into this too. I think between them, https://www.youngliving.com/en_CA/pr...-essential-oil these people and my friend said Essante were top quality too, I think she works for them. I don't know for sure because I asked her and she hasn't answered. It looks like on her facebook profile that she does though.

Expert Forum User

These concentrated oils are expensive!!! I'm not a fan of oils myself, but I cannot stand most "scented" stuff in any way.

I do know that YoungLiving is a MLM though, like Epicure or Tupperware. Just a FYI, because lots of times you can get good deals, samples, etc from reps.

Quote Originally Posted by gogomom View Post
    These concentrated oils are expensive!!! I'm not a fan of oils myself, but I cannot stand most "scented" stuff in any way.

I do know that YoungLiving is a MLM though, like Epicure or Tupperware. Just a FYI, because lots of times you can get good deals, samples, etc from reps.
    I think both of the ones I suggested are too. Seems pretty common in the essential oil world. I did see a bunch at the health store in white oaks mall too. Their prices are significantly cheaper.

Expert Forum User

I think they smell great and some have helpful properties but I think a lot of it is hokey pseudo science .

Quote Originally Posted by Katie_ View Post
    I think they smell great and some have helpful properties but I think a lot of it is hokey pseudo science .
    I not totally sold on them either. Want to try a few out though...

I can't say your wrong but I have been reading about them a lot lately and have been really intrigued by other peoples experiences with them. Enough that I want to keep investigating them further. For the longest time I thought that they were kind of bs too. They might be but I'm starting to cross over to thinking they do actually help.

I found this story about thieves oil where thives would steal from victims of the bubonic plague and not catch it because it's thought the oils protected them. I'm wanting to get that with a diffuser for cold and flu season. Got Mold? | Essential Oils... more than basic Aromatherapy

Expert Forum User

I made bug spray this year out of witch hazel, citronella oil and mint oil.........it worked great. I bought the oils from bulk barn, since it was for bug spray I didn't look into the quality.

I know people who take oil of oregano helps them not to get sick.
    my2babies likes this.
    Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.~Michael Pollan, author of In Defense of Food
    If we want to move towards a low-polluting, sustainable society, we need to get consumers to think about their purchases-David Suzuki
    "You must be the change you want to see in the world"- Mahatma Gandhi

ChinUp likes this.

Expert Forum User

I used to take oil of oregano everyday and I was sicker then than I am now. I don't think the oil made me sick, I think it just made my bathroom smell like pizza.
    Sunrise likes this.

I used to take oil of oregano everyday and I was sicker then than I am now. I don't think the oil made me sick, I think it just made my bathroom smell like pizza.
    I don't think that all oils work great for everyone. I know OOO makes my sister feel really weird. I think vs actually being miracle products once your sick the best prevention is good health. If I notice one person is getting sick here, then I start with the others upping their vitamin C & D intake (and probiotic drinks like milk and water kefir). If I had essential oils I'd start them at that same time too. I like the idea of diffusing them to help clean the air. Thieves oil in testing has shown to be pretty effective in combating germs when diffused. My new thing to try during sickness is making water kefir with coconut water. To help rehydrate someone who is ill.
    Last edited by my2babies; 09-08-2014 at 11:10 AM.

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

I know I'm suspect of any company that uses MLM to get it's product out there. I think it took me a good 5 years before I decided Enjo wasn't a pile of BS.

This annoys me:
    CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade is a registered trademark of dōTERRA Holdings, LLC representing internal standards of quality assessment and material control. The CPTG protocol is not administered by government or industry regulatory agencies and does not imply regulatory approval of dōTERRA products.

Like on the ingredients list of applesauce it says "Just Apples" with a registeres trademark symbol. WTF is Just Apples? Something registered that they can put what they want into, and not disclose it to the consumer.
    my2babies and SpringChicks like this.
    Stop thinking you’re not ready. – Nobody ever feels 100% ready when an opportunity arises. Because most great opportunities in life force us to grow beyond our comfort zones, which means we won’t feel totally comfortable at first.

~ Breastfed for 7 months, 2 weeks and 3 days ~

there is something about that article that I can't quiet put my finger one but it rubs me wrong and I take it with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingpretty View Post
    there is something about that article that I can't quiet put my finger one but it rubs me wrong and I take it with a grain of salt.
    What I like about it, is that it does warn you against MLM companies because those brands are the ones touted to be the best in the lot of reading I have done. That might only be because people are misleading people who don't know otherwise to pay the many times as high as $20-$30 more a bottle just for the name assurance. Essential oils is a hard one for me to sift through because they are not all created equal. If you get ones that are not organic then the pesticides would be concentrated just like what is in the oil is. I hope people take it with a grain of salt SP and do their own research.

Comparable Blends - NAN this is the company I have decided I will buy oils from.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast