Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Nemo
  • 2 Post By my2babies
  • 1 Post By my2babies

Thread: Fundraiser for -Little girl passsed away after getting hit at South Costco London.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default Fundraiser for -Little girl passsed away after getting hit at South Costco London.

Blue Eyed Addi by Ashley H. Priem - GoFundMe

http://www.lfpress.com/2014/07/27/si...n-costco-store

This story couldn't get any sadder. My thoughts and prayers are with her family. I thought maybe some of you might want to know about the fundraiser for her family.

Children still critical, no charges laid

The six-year-old London girl struck along with her sister and mom by a car that crashed into a south London Costco store has died.

Her name was Addison Hall.

Sources say Addison's family decided to donate her organs and was kept on life support until the procedure could be completed.

"We said our goodbyes," said a woman who said she was close to some family members and spoke on the condition that she remain anonymous.

Asked about Addison, the woman struggled to keep her composure.

"She's was a very loving, beautiful, happy little girl," she said. "She's gorgeous. She was a princess."

Police on Saturday would only say the girl, 6, was in critical condition after the bizarre and horrifying crash that occurred the day before. But several people told the Free Press the child was being kept on life support until doctors could retrieve her organs.

At noon Friday, a red Monte Carlo driven by a woman in her sixties suddenly backed in to the entrance way of the busy big-box store – reversing between two pillars outside before smashing through the glass doors and inside the building.

The car struck Addison, her 3-year-old sister Miah and their pregnant mom Danah McKinnon Bozek – all who remained in hospital all weekend -- before crashing to a halt against the pole between the next set of doors leading into the store.

Miah is still listed in critical condition as is a baby delivered by emergency caesarian-section on Friday.

McKinnon Bozek's condition has been upgraded to fair, police said on the weekend.

Two other people who were hurt in the crash, as well as the driver of the car, have been released from hospital.

Police are still investigating what caused the car to go into reverse and crash into the store and whether any charges should be laid against the driver. They have not ruled out anything, but they say there is no evidence that the crash was intentional
    Last edited by my2babies; 07-27-2014 at 10:57 PM.

Sorry if this is a repost. I didn't see it posted anywhere else on here.

Expert Forum User

Its so sad ive been feeling sick since it happened. Poor little girls and the poor poor momma :'(
    I doubt charges will be pressed as it was private property. I think it was just a terrible terrible accident and I bet the driver is riddled with guilt. It sounds like maybe she got confused and slammed on the gas instead of the break.
    Sunrise likes this.

I feel sick about it too.

Expert Forum User

If the driver is found criminally negligent by police they can charge her - private property or not.

I totally feel for this family - a child brought into this world through tragedy - neither they nor the driver will ever recover fully from this.

Expert Forum User

I was crying reading about this yesterday, and seeing pictures, makes it hit home with kids close in age. I am praying for the family and the driver.

It's so heartbreaking.
    DS June 2007
    DD April 2010

"No influence is so powerful as that of the mother."- Sarah Josepha Hale

It's all over facebook, so many of you have probably seen this: Blue Eyed Addi by Ashley H. Priem - GoFundMe

This family needs all the help they can get.
    Why yes I'm a Doula! (in training) come check out my Facebook for more info!. Or PM me!
    https://www.facebook.com/greatexpectationsdoula

here is my doulamatch profile: http://doulamatch.net/profile/6878/kate-williamson

WAY TO GO COSTCO! The company has announced they will be taking customer donations for the Bozek/Hall families starting tomorrow and matching them "dollar for dollar" up to $50,000! -Sarah Kelly

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This was virgin radios status. That is a lovely gesture. The last thing this family needs to think about now is money.
    Carol and SpringChicks like this.

Expert Forum User

Is it true though that they opened an hour early the next day to make of for lost time? I cringed when I read that.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie_ View Post
    Is it true though that they opened an hour early the next day to make of for lost time? I cringed when I read that.
    It looks like it. I think they should have closed it like the one employee mentioned to show their respect. Wow. I can't believe they would do that! Children in critical condition after Costco crash | Ontario | News | Toronto Sun
    Nemo likes this.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by Katie_ View Post
    I saw a couple people post in reply to many people that said that, that they actually opened an hour later not earlier

Expert Forum User

Looks like the rumours are true and they did open early.
    Did anyone see that awful post that went viral? A fellow Londoner made some terrible comments.

Expert Forum User

So horrible. I also saw on the Rebirth Wellness fb page that they are accepting donations for the family as well. I'm not sure if or how the family was involved in Rebirth but I'm a client there so I will be making sure to get in there asap to show my support.

Hailey - April 2008
    Scarlett - April 2012
    Troy - July 2014
    *Currently enrolled in the Perinatal Support Practitioner program through Babies Naturally and looking to attend births as a student doula. Please message me for details!*