Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default The Business of Being Born online free!!!!

omg! dunno how or for how long but i saw this three months ago and have been longing to see it again... i think i will be up late tonight.

http://quicksilverscreen.com/watch?video=45525
    LondonMoms has really gone downhill, ever since they started chit chatting in the home and garden forum. There is a place for chit chat, people!!!

I've been dying to see this.

How long is the vid?

Like an hour and a half I think? You could start it, pause it and watch it tomorrow if it's still up. I don't know if it's there permanently or what.
    LondonMoms has really gone downhill, ever since they started chit chatting in the home and garden forum. There is a place for chit chat, people!!!

well, Im going to start watching it after DH is asleep. lol

Wish I could record it somehow though.. Lol - then I could just burn to dvd and watch it in bed. LOL

Did you get to watch any of it Leigh? I just watched the whole thing, felt pressured in case it comes down... hopefully it won't. It's a great docu.

Omg. AMAZING! AMAZING! AMAZING!!!

ETA: You can download it!!!

I downloaded it to my comp and will be burning it !

omg i totally did not notice that - thank you! yeah it's great eh? i love that film. ricki lake... who knew?

I definately didn't expect that ending though.

And even though I'm not able to have a midwife, and knew most of this stuff before, it just really makes it all that much more important to me.

I had difficult labours with both of my boys, even though they were natural, but I had a horrible OB who said and forced horrible things on me, and I wish I had never had that.

I am sooo tempted to just stay home and say OPPS! Lol - But I know my baby needs the support of the staff there, because he could come out and be in a bad way..

oh and if you want- i'll burn you a copy of it. I already downloaded it! It took forever to download (the whole lenght of the movie! lol)

Expert Forum User

That was amazing. Thanks for posting the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
    I definately didn't expect that ending though.

And even though I'm not able to have a midwife, and knew most of this stuff before, it just really makes it all that much more important to me.

I had difficult labours with both of my boys, even though they were natural, but I had a horrible OB who said and forced horrible things on me, and I wish I had never had that.

I am sooo tempted to just stay home and say OPPS! Lol - But I know my baby needs the support of the staff there, because he could come out and be in a bad way..
    I wonder could you plan to go in late in labour? Like labour at home for a long time, and go in when you are closer to delivering? best of both worlds maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
    oh and if you want- i'll burn you a copy of it. I already downloaded it! It took forever to download (the whole lenght of the movie! lol)
    Thank you! I'm trying to download it now. I'm on a Mac, I hope it works... if not I would love it if you wouldn't mind making me a copy!

Quote Originally Posted by Jodi View Post
    That was amazing. Thanks for posting the link.
    No probs... glad you enjoyed it.

Crap- It won't open on my computer. Im not sure why the heck not??

I tried downloading Quicktime to play it, and no dice, no dice with windows media either.. It says Internet Explorer- but again- it won't open anything.

Its some stupid file type- I have Sony Vegas so I'm going to have to switch the type and then burn it. So it'll probably take me a couple days, because I'll have to reinstall Vegas, and harrass my sister to tell me which file type I need to change it to. lol But it'll get done.

I plan on labouring at home for quite awhile- and going in as late as I possibly can- but although I've had difficult labours, they have been quite short. My first was 4 hours from the time I called my DR to delivery, and my second was 6hrs 21mins from the time I got to the hospital to delivery - My second labour stalled because I needed to pee and didn't know it ( HA! lol go figure) Once they started the dreaded pitocin, I went from 4 to a baby in 1hr 21mins.

So- staying at home long isn't the greatest option either.. lol

Expert Forum User

Hi Leigh,
    if you get it all sorted out I would love to see it also. I am just exhausted from moving and don't have the energy to stay up to watch it right now.
    Thought about putting it on download to my puter, but I may have probs in the end like you also.
    Maybe Myrrah will let me "borrow" her copy, if you do get it burned...pretty please Ali

Awesome I will have to let some people at school know about this. Thanks!

I have been wanting to see it again ever since I saw it in January.
    The poster formerly known as Geomamma

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepless in London View Post
    Hi Leigh,
    if you get it all sorted out I would love to see it also. I am just exhausted from moving and don't have the energy to stay up to watch it right now.
    Thought about putting it on download to my puter, but I may have probs in the end like you also.
    Maybe Myrrah will let me "borrow" her copy, if you do get it burned...pretty please Ali

No problem. I sure can- Like I said though- it may take at least a couple days. I have to find Vegas, reinstall it, and harrass my sister to find out the proper file type that I need to re save it as so it works! Lol

I don't get the point of being able to download it, when you have to go thru so much trouble to watch it afterwards! LOL

But, I'll get it done

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast