Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By my2babies
  • 1 Post By Nemo
  • 1 Post By SpringChicks
  • 2 Post By my2babies
  • 1 Post By Carol

Thread: Guy delivers baby just outside of hospital and catches birth on gopro camera!!

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default Guy delivers baby just outside of hospital and catches birth on gopro camera!!

SpringChicks and Mom2my2 like this.

Expert Forum User

He really irritated me. Stop yelling, get over there and help you wife.

OMG that was intense. And then I cried. Whoa.

Expert Forum User

I thought women only scream during labour in the movies.... I guess I'm wrong! Good for her for not killing him. If my hubby didnt listen to me when I told him I FELT THE HEAD, he'd be dead lmao.
    Last edited by Nemo; 07-10-2014 at 10:57 PM.
    Sunrise likes this.

I couldn't imagine giving birth outside and I agree with my Dh not believing me the head was out!!

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by Katie_ View Post
    I thought women only scream during labour in the movies.... I guess I'm wrong! Good for her for not killing him. If my hubby didnt listen to me when I told him I FELT THE HEAD, he'd be dead lmao.
    With natural labours? While in a car? lol I was super emotional watching it as I just had DS a few days ago. Assuming he's a first time dad I thought he did pretty well! I can't believe they even got to the hospital TBH.
    Mom2my2 likes this.

Hailey - April 2008
    Scarlett - April 2012
    Troy - July 2014
    *Currently enrolled in the Perinatal Support Practitioner program through Babies Naturally and looking to attend births as a student doula. Please message me for details!*

Quote Originally Posted by SpringChicks View Post
    With natural labours? While in a car? lol I was super emotional watching it as I just had DS a few days ago. Assuming he's a first time dad I thought he did pretty well! I can't believe they even got to the hospital TBH.
    I agree he did good but I think I would scream like crazy if I felt like my kid might hit the pavement. That's how I took it when I agreed with her.
    tif52 and SpringChicks like this.

I think he did great for the situation. I'm sure he was just really wanting to get to the hospital. I couldn't imagine!

“life is not measured by the breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away“

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by SpringChicks View Post
    I don't know, I never screamed or cried. I just did it * shrug* I've seen a very family members in labour and they were quiet also. Maybe it's a family trait

Expert Forum User

I'd be screaming at him in anger to catch the baby. But her screams in the car made my dogs jump and bark lol

Expert Forum User

I don't know, I never screamed or cried. I just did it * shrug* I've seen a very family members in labour and they were quiet also. Maybe it's a family trait
    Yep me too, but yeah, the anxiety of being in a car 15 mins from any type of help would probably make me want to scream too, lol. With DD2 we avoided the 401 all together b/c it was right during morning rush hour and the thought of chancing any slow downs freaked me right out. We took the back roads and it was anxiety provoking enough

Hailey - April 2008
    Scarlett - April 2012
    Troy - July 2014
    *Currently enrolled in the Perinatal Support Practitioner program through Babies Naturally and looking to attend births as a student doula. Please message me for details!*

been there, done that. I gotta say the only thing I screamed was TURN AROUND...with expletives mixed in I'm sure. LOL I wonder how common it is? I've heard of a few over the years. Some babies are just in a hurry I guess. Nate was 20 minutes from the time I woke up with pains a few minutes apart until the ambulance arrived to me holding him in the car. Next baby was a more respectable 2 hours, so no they don't necessarily get faster.
    SpringChicks likes this.
    Cole is 8 years old! January, 2005
    Nate is 5 years old! January, 2008
    Judah is 2 years old! October, 2010
    Avery Grace born & passed Feb 4, 2007.

"Why did I not know that birth is the pinnacle where women discover the courage to become mothers?"
    Anita Diamant (The Red Tent)

Expert Forum User

A friend of mine was in labour start to finish for 15 minutes. I'd say she was lucky but apparently it's quite traumatizing to have your baby at home when you're not planning it

A friend of mine was in labour start to finish for 15 minutes. I'd say she was lucky but apparently it's quite traumatizing to have your baby at home when you're not planning it
    It must depend on the circumstances and the person. I thought it was fabulous. I had just had a stillborn baby two months before getting pregnant again, so by the time I was ready to deliver again, I was so stressed I planned the next delivery to the smallest detail out of a need to control the situation. The baby had other ideas and he was delivered in front of my house by the people that were most important to me and him. Next baby was a home birth and I felt completely comfortable being at home and didn't worry a bit about the chance of another unassisted birth, it completely renewed my confidence. I'm sorry it was traumatizing for her.
    Cole is 8 years old! January, 2005
    Nate is 5 years old! January, 2008
    Judah is 2 years old! October, 2010
    Avery Grace born & passed Feb 4, 2007.

"Why did I not know that birth is the pinnacle where women discover the courage to become mothers?"
    Anita Diamant (The Red Tent)