Default free ivf in ontario

Ladies,

Do any of you know how the free ivf in 2015 works? is there only a certain amount of women that will be eligible or do you have to have a certain condition to be eligible for it? or does your family dr just set it up for you through a clinic...please fill me in...would like to know my options for the coming yr.

I believe you have to have blocked tubes and the procedure is free but not the drugs. I am not 100% sure though.
    Proud mom to ds born Sept. 2009 and dd born May 2012

I would suggest that you get a referral to a fertility clinic to answer your questions. As far as I know most clinics have a wait list as of now because of the demand. It will allow you to get ivf based on a fertility Dr recommendation, by an accredited clinic and only by certain Dr's in ontario. The procedure will be covered but the drugs will not be, based on average cost if your insurance does not cover the drugs you will pay anywhere from 3-7 thousand.

Your best bet is to go to the clinic that you are working with (u are on Clomid so I am assuming you already are at a clinic) and ask how to get on the wait list.

Social Media Guru

It was in the 2014 proposed budget before election was called so now it's up in the air