Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Ingalls
  • 3 Post By sittingpretty

Thread: Where to get baby's ears pierced?

  1. #1
    Expert Forum User

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Strathroy
    Posts
    4,033
    Rep Power
    235

    Default Where to get baby's ears pierced?

    DD is going to be 6 months soon and I would really like to get her ears pierced. Where is the best/safest/cleanest place to take her? Thanks for any help!
    Jodie
    Mom to 3 boys (9, 7 and 4) &
    our little girl (born Dec 2013)
    www.brightmindschildcare.ca
    www.jodie.lovablelabels.ca

  2. #2
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14,659
    Rep Power
    1131

    Default

    There are A TON of threads on baby ear piercing. Just use the search feature.

    I am personally not for it so I can offer no advice.
    "Anything is better than lies and deceit". Leo Tolstoy

  3. #3
    Expert Forum User

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Strathroy
    Posts
    4,033
    Rep Power
    235

    Default

    So I'm reading some of the old threads on where to go and I would like to take her somewhere that uses a needle but is there anywhere that will do them that young? I'm reading most places won't do under age 4, 7, etc.
    Jodie
    Mom to 3 boys (9, 7 and 4) &
    our little girl (born Dec 2013)
    www.brightmindschildcare.ca
    www.jodie.lovablelabels.ca

  4. #4
    Expert Forum User
    Nemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    London Ontario
    Posts
    4,358
    Rep Power
    420

    Default

    I have no advice because we're waiting until shes old enough to take care of them and consent to it. Ask your doctor if they do it and will freeze it first.
    Last edited by Nemo; 06-04-2014 at 09:30 PM.

  5. #5
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!
    Ingalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    london
    Posts
    22,762
    Rep Power
    1244

    Default

    Maybe if even professional piercing places don't do it until certain ages, there's a reason for that?
    Teresa likes this.
    DD1 age 7 DS age 11
    "I will remember you." July/10
    Baby Elaina born October 28th, 2011. Making every single day that much more special.
    INTERESTED IN BUYING DVDS OF OLD KIDS' SHOWS. Mr.Rogers', Mr.Dressup, Polka Dot Door, etc

  6. #6
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!
    sittingpretty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,510
    Rep Power
    1092

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
    DD is going to be 6 months soon and I would really like to get her ears pierced. Where is the best/safest/cleanest place to take her? Thanks for any help!
    becasue you asked for safest Ill answer.

    you will need to wait for a proper trained piercer who can use a clean needle over a dirty gun.
    Piercing Guns Versus the Needle (Why the Gun Is Bad)

    No More Piercing Guns!

    you will have to wait till she is older or see if a doctor can do them.

    While I dont get the whole do em as babies mindset maybe switch to you two could do a mommy daughter date when she is old enough to help you wait.

  7. #7
    Expert Forum User

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    9,755
    Rep Power
    734

    Default

    I personally have no problem with piercing thier ears this young - my SIL had my niece's ears done around 9 months with a needle in Strathroy - I will email her to ask where she had it done.
    Last edited by gogomom; 06-05-2014 at 08:38 AM.

  8. #8
    Expert Forum User

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Strathroy
    Posts
    4,033
    Rep Power
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gogomom View Post
    I personally have no problem with piercing thier ears this young - my SIL had my niece's ears done around 9 months with a needle in Strathroy - I will email her to ask where she had it done.
    I would love to know where she got it done! Thanks!
    Jodie
    Mom to 3 boys (9, 7 and 4) &
    our little girl (born Dec 2013)
    www.brightmindschildcare.ca
    www.jodie.lovablelabels.ca

  9. #9
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    10,772
    Rep Power
    606

    Default

    Isn't there a place in a mall that uses single use piercers? I can't ever find that thread, I thought I heard about it on here. Just FYI it's a good idea to let them heal I think it's 6 weeks before they go in water like the beach or public pools. My 7 year old wants her's done but we're waiting until after summer for this reason. Especially if you consider they could possibly get infected and it take even longer to heal. We took our oldest to a tattoo shop but now they moved their age up from 6 to 9. We have to find a place to go too.

  10. #10
    Expert Forum User

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    out here
    Posts
    8,965
    Rep Power
    534

    Default

    I was at People's jeweller in Massonville last week and the one employee was talking about having just gotten her one year old daughter done there. You could give them a call maybe to find out details.

  11. #11
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!
    sittingpretty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,510
    Rep Power
    1092

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by my2babies View Post
    Isn't there a place in a mall that uses single use piercers? I can't ever find that thread, I thought I heard about it on here. Just FYI it's a good idea to let them heal I think it's 6 weeks before they go in water like the beach or public pools. My 7 year old wants her's done but we're waiting until after summer for this reason. Especially if you consider they could possibly get infected and it take even longer to heal. We took our oldest to a tattoo shop but now they moved their age up from 6 to 9. We have to find a place to go too.
    even if its a single use gun its still blunt force trauma to push a dull earring through the ear

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    115
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sittingpretty View Post
    even if its a single use gun its still blunt force trauma to push a dull earring through the ear
    I literally had no idea this is how they did it....i'm not entirely sure what I expected happened. But that doesn't sound very pleasant to me.

  13. #13
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    10,772
    Rep Power
    606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sittingpretty View Post
    even if its a single use gun its still blunt force trauma to push a dull earring through the ear
    I agree but it's at least one of the issues taken care of (Sanitation). Myself I take my kids to a piercer in tattoo shop when they are not only old enough to ask for it, but they bug me enough I give in. Earrings in young kids can be a real pita!
    Last edited by my2babies; 06-06-2014 at 11:29 AM.

  14. #14
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!
    sittingpretty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,510
    Rep Power
    1092

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by my2babies View Post
    I agree but it's at least one of the issues taken care of (Sanitation). Myself I take my kids to a piercer in tattoo shop when they are not only old enough to ask for it, but they bug me enough I give in. Earrings in young kids can be a real pita!
    please know Im not arguing with ya, I think you have been around long enough to know this is a topic I have strong beliefs on lol

  15. #15
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I would highly recommend going to Caryl Baker Visage in Masonville mall. I got my 6 month old DD’s ears pierced last week and the staff were amazing! Made us all feel at ease and seemed so well trained and friendly.

Similar Threads

  1. where to get ears pierced?
    By brooklyn2011 in forum Newborns - The First Year
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-13-2015, 10:34 PM
  2. Where to get ears pierced?
    By Kiersons in forum Product and Service Reviews
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-18-2013, 06:59 AM
  3. Where to get baby's ears pierced??
    By yummymommy in forum General Support/Advice about the Kids!
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 12-01-2010, 04:53 PM
  4. Where to get ears pierced?
    By Old gal in forum School Age
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-12-2008, 06:48 PM
  5. Getting baby's ears pierced...
    By momstheword in forum General Support/Advice about the Kids!
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12-04-2007, 10:37 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •