Default Legare furniture/kids desks

Anyone familiar with that brand?

So ladies I need some advice please where to look. Where do you all buy your kids desks?

Expert Forum User

Ikea

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Well I had to google that word! But that stuff looks really neat, eh! I didn't see any prices though, which always makes me wonder.
    My kids do not have desks yet but I'm planning on getting dd one for Christmas, so I've been looking around. I might just get her one from walmart or
    sears, as they both sell Sauder and my desk is Sauder and I found it to be one of the better assemble-it-yourself types of furniture we've bought. It has held
    up through several moves where as dh's desk from staples fell apart, and then his desk from ...I forget, one of the electronics stores...is falling apart now.
    DD1 age 7 DS age 11
    "I will remember you." July/10
    Baby Elaina born October 28th, 2011. Making every single day that much more special.
    INTERESTED IN BUYING DVDS OF OLD KIDS' SHOWS. Mr.Rogers', Mr.Dressup, Polka Dot Door, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Ingalls View Post
    Well I had to google that word! But that stuff looks really neat, eh! I didn't see any prices though, which always makes me wonder.
    My kids do not have desks yet but I'm planning on getting dd one for Christmas, so I've been looking around. I might just get her one from walmart or
    sears, as they both sell Sauder and my desk is Sauder and I found it to be one of the better assemble-it-yourself types of furniture we've bought. It has held
    up through several moves where as dh's desk from staples fell apart, and then his desk from ...I forget, one of the electronics stores...is falling apart now.
    yeah, legare desks are pretty neat but unfortunately not cheap $200-$300. I went to Jysk thinking I find something cheaper and somewhat durable but the desk they had on a display was falling apart and they were asking $100???... I almost wanted to tell them what a piece of sh*t the desk is and why would i want to take a chance on something like that.
    I went to Walmart ones but didn't find any on display. maybe I'll try again. I will look into Ikea, what PicklePig suggested

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Jysk can be so hit and miss. I've heard of friends buying a few items there that were fine, but I bought two different sets of shelving there, two different times -- the kind where the wood is cut but rough still? The first time, one set had no hardware and they had no spare hardware and it was hell getting them to exchange it. The second time, both sets had no hardware (screws etc) and the wood was super rough (splintery) and the knotholes were so much it was impossible to screw them together where you were supposed to. Not sure I'd want furniture from there.
    DD1 age 7 DS age 11
    "I will remember you." July/10
    Baby Elaina born October 28th, 2011. Making every single day that much more special.
    INTERESTED IN BUYING DVDS OF OLD KIDS' SHOWS. Mr.Rogers', Mr.Dressup, Polka Dot Door, etc

Expert Forum User

I bought my daughter a beautiful solid oak desk off kijiji. It was in perfect condition. Has several drawers, and a hutch on top with several shelves. Paid $100. Best purchase ever.
    Married 2005. DD1 2007. DD2 2011. Beta Sigma Phi 2013.
    ... and one cute little kitty!