TwinsMommy

Default Remember your first school yard crush???

Oooohhhhh boy..... Im going to have to rename my twins Lance and Romance....

So.... B1 comes bounding down the school bus steps the other day proclaiming his joy for getting a girls phone number at school. And B2 comes bounding down behind him proclaiming how he helped his brother get the number!

B1: I got a girls number mum!!! It's *Barb! I've had a crush on her since GRADE ONE!!!!!

B2: I helped mum! I talked to her and told her my brother was shy but that he wanted her number, so she gave it to him!

Yikes. they are only in grade two. Every inch of me just wanted to scream.... YOUR MY SON AND YOU WILL NEVER DATE CAUSE YOUR GOING TO LIVE WITH YOUR MOTHER TILL YOUR 40!!!!!

But i played it cool.....

Really downplayed it to the boys but had to post it cause it really was kind of funny. My boys are naturally very effectionate and caring boys but school is for school. I know the boy/girl relationships are going to be inevitable as they get older, but it was still kind of cute. Now he wants to draw her a picture!

Anyone else remember their first schoolyard crush????

*some names have been changed to protect the identity of the individual (LOL)

Default Re: Remember your first school yard crush???

Quote Originally Posted by TwinsMommy
    Yikes. they are only in grade two. Every inch of me just wanted to scream.... YOUR MY SON AND YOU WILL NEVER DATE CAUSE YOUR GOING TO LIVE WITH YOUR MOTHER TILL YOUR 40!!!!!

LMAO I feel the sameway with Ryan he's only 2 and I tell him that he's never allowed to date and he's going to live in our basement until he's 40. I just thought that it was funny that I'm not the only one who thinks that!

I don't remember my crushes in elementry school, but when I was in grade 3 my friend and a guy in our class got "married" by the big tree in the school yard. Everyone in grade 3 knew about it so we all went to watch.

Expert Forum User

First school yard crush: Garry Tonagouso, grade 4 why do I remember that?

Expert Forum User

Default school

Well my DD who is in Grade one came home yesterday to say she "got dumped"!! I asked what did she mean, and she said "So and so" dumped me and is dating "so and so" now!! I felt so bad for my baby!!

My first school yard crush was on a guy in grade 8, I was in grade one. We rode the school bus together and I send him a valentine and a sucker to the back of the bus for him, cause grade 8's sat in the back. Well someone grabbed the valentine and opened it and starting singing the kissing in a tree song, I was so embarrassed!!

TwinsMommy

LMAO!!!

These are all too funny! Mine was in Kindergarten with a little boy named Keith who had bright red hair and tons of freckles! (glad my taste has changed!)

I spent most of my time in the corner cause I wouldnt leave the poor kid alone!!! (also glad to see that my stalker tendancies have changed as well!!!)

When my son was in grade 2 or 3 he came home telling me he had a girlfriend. A few days later I asked how his girlfriend was, "I don't have a girlfriend anymore Mom, I took a dump on her." I guess he must have heard the expression dumping someone, and didn't quite get it right. He's 13 now, and my family still calls breakups "taking a dump".

My first school yard crush was grade 5. Tadd...he chased me around the school yard..by grade 8 I was madly in love! We were still good friends when he passed away unexpectedly this past January. Although I miss him terribly, I feel lucky to have met a soul mate 27 years ago at the age of ten.