Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: The Weird Silly Fantastical Stuff Kids Say!

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default The Weird Silly Fantastical Stuff Kids Say!

Despite the serious thread going on, I thought it would be fun to share some of the cute/funny things our kids say; made up or otherwise. Sometimes they make you smile, sometimes they embarrass you, sometimes they mortify you, and other times you just want to give them a huge hug for being such a great kid. So share!

Here's mine, it's not really made up but it is funny.
    About a month ago, I got a call from N's VP(N's 6). He was in the office for being silly and the lunch monitors said he said the "A" word. For the life of me I couldn't think of what A word he would know, as there were a few options I could dream up. So, that night I asked him if he said the A word and what the A word was because I didn't know it. His response was "Nope, I don't know the A word...but(very proudly) I do know the F word! Daddy says it when he's working on the house!"
    Ingalls likes this.
    Cole is 8 years old! January, 2005
    Nate is 5 years old! January, 2008
    Judah is 2 years old! October, 2010
    Avery Grace born & passed Feb 4, 2007.

"Why did I not know that birth is the pinnacle where women discover the courage to become mothers?"
    Anita Diamant (The Red Tent)

Expert Forum User

Lol!

M often tells stories, but I don't shrug them off because what he says is often very believable to me given our family history.

When we pass graveyards he gets excited and shouts "Mommy! Mommy look! Dead people!!"
    When he comes home on the bus after school, he tells me about the dead people he saw that day and that he waved to them as he passed. We talk about it fairly often, and because of what I do - I believe every word he says.
    Carol likes this.

When my DS was 2 1/2 he cried every night going to sleep because of the boy that was watching him, and always pointed to the same spot in the ceiling. The boy was wearing a long dress and had yellow hair "like me". I freaked me out. I tried the "it's just your imagination" thing for a while and tried sleeping with the light on for a bit, and laying with him until he fell asleep. Eventually we both told the boy to go home and that he couldn't stay here because it was R's room. A few days later he stopped complaining about the boy. Now at 5 he doesn't even remember it.

Also, separate story. My DS told me last week that he's like to start a collection, and he thinks he'd like to collect bugs.. all different kinds of bugs... in jars. But not "spageetos" because they sting you and hurt. Totally made me smile.
    Carol likes this.

Funniest thing I remember was when oldest DS was about 10, there was a story on the news about a rail car of aliens in Texas. DS couldn't believe it and I remember his face and him asking if it was true. We couldn't help but ROFL when we realized he thought they meant ALIENS not illegal aliens.

The first time he cam home and swore to us that he hadn't been drinking (as he ran to the bathroom and threw up in my sink) at 15 yrs old.

When little DS was about 3 we decided to get a queen size bed because no matter what we tried, we would end up with him in bed with us and there wasn't room in the double. When we were at the mattress place getting a bed and mattress, the man said to him " and where do you sleep little boy?" and DS said "in da middle"
    Carol likes this.

Expert Forum User

I can't think of anything specific my son has said but he has the most amazing memory ever. A song will come on the radio and he'll say exactly what we were doing 2 years ago when that song was on (he's almost 5 so I am surprised he remembers stuff from when he was around 2). Or he will repeat an entire conversation from years or moths ago and he's very good with directions too.

I was reading my daughter the book "Are you my mother?" and at the end I asked her who her mother was and she said "Nolan!" (her brother) and I asked who am I then? and she says "you're a cow!" she's quite a funny girl haha.

Adding on the the ghost stores from above, both of my children have claimed to have seen a ghost in my mother's bedroom. They both freaked out after looking in there and said they saw someone in there on separate occasions (there were both 2 when they saw someone).
    Last edited by Mum09and11; 03-28-2014 at 11:23 AM.
    Carol likes this.

Expert Forum User

this was a conversation while washing my 5 yr old's hair last week:

K: MOMMMY why did you use that blue shampoo?
    ME: I used what was close.
    K: I don't want to be a boy.
    ME: Why would you become a boy?
    K: You used boy shampoo, a penis will grow.
    ME: Honey, if a penis hasn't grown yet, it never will.
    Carol and IsisBaily like this.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by KerryLee17 View Post
    this was a conversation while washing my 5 yr old's hair last week:

K: MOMMMY why did you use that blue shampoo?
    ME: I used what was close.
    K: I don't want to be a boy.
    ME: Why would you become a boy?
    K: You used boy shampoo, a penis will grow.
    ME: Honey, if a penis hasn't grown yet, it never will.
    LOL! That gave me a good laugh.

One time when M was about.. oh I'd say around 2... I was cooking in the kitchen and came out to find ALL of his toys from his bedroom piled up in my hallway with a box on top. I wasn't impressed because he was supposed to be in time-out so I was already a bit cross with him... I said "What is this!?" and he says "it's a box!!" with a great big smile on his face.

It was really hard not to laugh.
    Carol and sardam like this.

Expert Forum User

my daughter calls tim hortons- timportance because its so important to me i find it funny
    Carol likes this.

My son is ten and people always remark how he sounds like a little professor, he's so articulate, etc. I personally find he tries too hard, and makes himself sound less intelligent lol because he tries out big words he doesn't really know, thinking he knows them: When at a school function, I was razzing ds about his shoes being untied yet again and if he didn't get down and tie them, I'd do it for him, right there in front of the teachers. He says "Oh mom, it's not like I think i'm oriental!I'll do it myself" It took me a bit to realise he meant ROYALTY, lol.
    Recently we were at a restaurant and the waitress asked ds how his soup was and he said "The taste is almost incestuous!" ....I have no idea what word he was looking for, I think something along the lineso f heavenly? Maybe mixing up celestial with incestuous with heavenly, not sure lol.

Babydd, who is two now, makes jokes a lot. She thinks I'm stupid too and has to explain them to me, so it's cuter even. She'll hop around mooing, and say "Baby's a frog, moo! Get it Mama, get it? A frog? Moo?" and she'll slap her thigh and cackle.
    She named one of her dolls Naked, and today at the gym daycare we forgot her inside and as I was just leaving I said "Oh wait, we forgot to get Naked!" and the look on the woman's face, who was holding the door for us, was priceless. lol

My six year old told me at school, they sing O Canada. Her favourite part is about the patient love, because you really do have to be patient with people you love.
    She meant "True patriot love" lol
    Carol likes this.
    DD1 age 7 DS age 11
    "I will remember you." July/10
    Baby Elaina born October 28th, 2011. Making every single day that much more special.
    INTERESTED IN BUYING DVDS OF OLD KIDS' SHOWS. Mr.Rogers', Mr.Dressup, Polka Dot Door, etc

Expert Forum User

My DD without fail, will interupt a song of baa baa black sheep with a raspberry and cackle laughing. Dont know who taught her but its funny.
    Carol likes this.

My goddaughter was asked what my large black and white cat was and she said "cow" I realized that kids see things in books but don't know the real size in comparison to other things.
    Carol likes this.

Expert Forum User

DS has been commenting a lot to me that I do not have a penis. He names everyone else he knows and mentions how they have a penis, then with lots of pity in his voice says, "Mommy doesn't have a penis, she only has a bum." The other day he said, "Mommy doesn't have a penis, she only has hair and glasses", lol, which have nothing to do with penises!!!

We don't often have fast food and the other day he had a mcdonalds cheeseburger. Think of finding something disgusting in your food, like hair,glass, plastic, a bug, then say "THAT was in THERE"!!! That is exactly how he said it when he found...a bread and butter pickle on his hamgerber, lol.

The above post mentioned baa baa black sheep - and last night DS started singing baa baa black sheep and at the end he said "and 1 for the popcorn chicken!". He then laughed hysterically and said the word popcorn chicken and sometimes popcorn for chicken, like 100 more times laughing hysterically each time, lol.
    Carol likes this.

I love reading these--so adorable!

Another one of Nate's was when Jude was a baby and he was still feeling a little jealous of his new brother.
    My husband shaves his head and Nate must have noticed that Daddy goes into the bathroom sometimes, and comes out balder than when he went in. So in his three year old logic, he made up his own explanation. He decided that Dad's hair must be going down the bathtub drain which was not good! So he was going to stuff Jude down the drain and let him swim to get all of Daddy's hair back. Then Nate can glue it back on his head. Problem solved AND Jude gets to do the dirty work while Nate gets the glory! After all what are little brothers for? Nate wasn't going down the drain! lol
    Last edited by Carol; 03-29-2014 at 04:45 PM.
    Cole is 8 years old! January, 2005
    Nate is 5 years old! January, 2008
    Judah is 2 years old! October, 2010
    Avery Grace born & passed Feb 4, 2007.

"Why did I not know that birth is the pinnacle where women discover the courage to become mothers?"
    Anita Diamant (The Red Tent)

Expert Forum User

When my dd was about 3 she insisted we had bought he a white horse named "beauty". We told her it must have been a great dream. This went on for weeks. Then we went to a friends's house, she had never been there before. And the guy shows us their new white horse. Dd insisted it was her new horse, she asked what the horse's name was, and he says "beauty"!!

We had never told anyone that about DD's story about a white horse named "beauty"

Expert Forum User

Today we were in the car and M says..
    Mommy, when I grow up I'm going to be a nanaimo bar!
    Later he changed his mind and said he'd like to be a cookie instead.

One day, shortly after getting our CRV, M says
    What's it called?
    DF: a Hondra
    Me: It's named after a Hydra because we had the Volksdragons
    M: Oh, well what's a hydra?
    Me: It's a dragon and when you cut off it's head it grows more heads
    M: Oh, well I'll cut off all it's heads
    Me: Then it would just grow tons more!
    M: Well then... I'll cut off it's feet!

DF just turned to me like 'why has nobody done this!?' lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast