Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: Measles scare in London!

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Quote Originally Posted by Katie_ View Post
    I'm a firm believer that austim isnt "caused". Its genetic. My dh's cousin has it, his daughter has it and her future kids will probably have it. They were just born that way.

this is just my experience, i am no expert. i just hate to see moms beat themselves over things thats probably out of their control.
    Why not go for answers Katie? Even if people cut GMOs out of their diet - even if it did not change anything to do with Autism it would likely prevent other diseases. All disease is going up. The SHEER toxicity of the pesticides on the GMOS alone should make people do all they can to avoid them. If you spray round up on normal food plants - they die.

This is Jeffery smith talking about Autism. Institute for Responsible Technology - Are Genetically Engineered Foods Promoting Autism? Now I have not had time to finish this video but I have seem him talk about it in the other movie so I have a good idea of what he'll say.

I think making proactive moves is a really good and healthy thing for parents to do.
    Last edited by my2babies; 03-20-2014 at 02:28 PM.

I think I am likely so passionate about being proactive with health because my circle is full of people who live similarly and I have seem people who had arthritis reverse their symptoms with kombucha, people with chronic candida get it under control with diet, my husband was given a prescription for an acid issue that changing our eating fixed it. My one DD had chronic bowel issues I figured out how to resolve and the issue to never happen again. I believe in thinking outside of the box.

ETA the couple who were supposed to start fertility treatments but changed their diet and added kombucha. I think it was no more then three months later they conceived. She was determined to change her health to get pregnant.
    Last edited by my2babies; 03-20-2014 at 02:46 PM.

Expert Forum User

Sure I agree diet plays a huge part in some things but not others. I like kambucha but its not recommended for nursing moms. My dh's cousin will always have autism.
    Last edited by Nemo; 03-20-2014 at 03:32 PM.
    my2babies likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie_ View Post
    Sure I agree diet plays a huge part in some things but not others. I like kambucha but its not recommended for nursing moms. My dh's cousin will always have autism.
    I'm not suggesting diet will cure autism either. Just people have noticed a change in their kids autism when they changed their diets. This is not new. Some people might not, some people will.

Do you brew your own Kombucha?

Expert Forum User

No I'm nursing.

(but I bought it at the market)
    Last edited by Nemo; 03-20-2014 at 03:45 PM.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by SpringChicks View Post
    I felt pressured into getting my first and only flu shot when I was pg with DD1. She has severe (anaphalactic) allergies to peanuts and tree nuts. Not 100% on whether or not that caused it but DD2 is allergy free. She (DD2) also didn't have colic or digestive issues when she was a baby. Just makes me wonder.

DD1 was given all of her vaccines, although the MMR and her 18 month were delayed. She also hasn't had her 4-6 yr booster yet and she turns 6 next week. DD2 has her 2 and 4 month shots and then we stopped. Not sure if we'll get anymore, but I'd like to see if they will separate the MMR into 3 separate shots, I heard that they may do this at the Health Unit.
    This is a product that is produced, we used to even get just R to give to women after birth whose immunization didn't take. But now Canada only brings in MMR together. There is no reason to purchase and M and M and R, so they are not doing it and the Health Unit has not had any discussions about doing it. IF Canada was to have the option available it wouldn't be free.

For those concerned about babies under 1 year - YES, they are "usually" covered until 1 year, that is why they have chosen to allow MMR to wait until 1 year rather than rush and give it at 2 months, like TDap It isn't through breastfeeding though, but through placental something-something (ok, was told this 5 minutes ago and just forgot it already, lol), so all babies have this coverage as long as MOM as the coverage. If mom has had measles, or if she received 2 doses then baby is highly likely to be covered till age 1. If she only had 1 dose, then there is an 85-95% chance that mom and therefore baby have immunity.

Good thing for HockeyMom is that the 1% who are not immunized after 2 MMR vaccines doesn't mean they have 0 immunity, but that they fell below the number/marker. Meaning she could have had some immunity. Like people who take a course and 1 person gets 51 and passes (has immunity) and another gets 49 and fails (doesn't have immunity) and others get 5 (no immunity). The person who "just" fails can catch it but still has some immunity so they won't end up with it as bad. So even though she caught it, there is still a good chance it won't be as bad
    Nemo and jennerama like this.

That last post made me feel better. My little monkey is too little for the vaccine still.

Expert Forum User

Fingers crossed all is well. What a crappy thing to have to deal with. I'm not sure if I'm even immune, but I dd receive my MMR the day after DD was born, so what ever immunity passed through my placenta wouldnt have been for rubella, I know that much.
    Social medias blown up about this vaccine dilema. Someone compared it to drinking and driving.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by LaLa View Post
    That last post made me feel better. My little monkey is too little for the vaccine still.
    Mine too. If I could have it for her, I would 100 times over.

Expert Forum User

BUT lets remember Hockeymom's kids have very low immune systems do to meds for treating arthritis, side affect from there meds are attacking there systems....so YES they are a rare case because of the low immune.
    Nemo likes this.
    NO NOISE IS BETTER THEN HEARING A CHILD'S LAUGHTER

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314