Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By jenelen
  • 2 Post By PicklePig
  • 2 Post By momx2

Thread: Delta Says NO Breastfeeding on the Plane

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default Delta Says NO Breastfeeding on the Plane

Yahoo!

... and then they realized how stupid they are and retracted.

I read about this and couldn't believe it. I breastfed on a flight with Frontier and it didn't even cross my mind to ask what their policy was! Mind you, I had a cover.

Expert Forum User

the comments are so laaaame. It's hard to believe that people still feel that way in this day and age!
    AuntPetunia likes this.

[/url]

Expert Forum User

Asking if it's ok is just as insane as saying it isn't allowed.
    AuntPetunia and Carol like this.

Expert Forum User

the comments make me want to run topless through the city

Expert Forum User

wow, very disappointing.... I can't even read comments or I will just get angry. I have bf on different airlines and never had a problem. I never asked if I could either I just did it.... people shouldn't even HAVE to ask!!

Expert Forum User

I have to look at it from the angle of WHO was typing. The article states that they had issues and they likely made a policy in 2012. So, they have hired a few people to answer questions online. This is probably like when you call Rogers and they don't even seem to know things about computers or internet, or you call EI and 10 people each give you a different answer.
    I don't look at this as being an issue with the company, but being an issue that some 20 year old male computer guy was answering tweets and just responded with what he thought was correct. He probably answers if he can and researches the answer if he doesn't know. He probably thought he knew the answer, as he thinks women can't expose themselves on a plane.
    I see it as the ignorance of not having been a breastfeeding woman or been exposed to the politics surrounding breastfeeding. I bet this guy doesn't make the same mistake again

My response would have been that he gets to join me on the plane to babysit my 2 year old and prevent him from breastfeeding, lol. He is pretty strong, can get into a shirt faster than a teenage boy, and can scream pretty loud, and is in-distractable!!! lol He would be begging me to give DS mama milk after about 10 minutes
    Last edited by melissawilliam; 02-28-2014 at 09:06 PM.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Quote Originally Posted by melissawilliam View Post
    I have to look at it from the angle of WHO was typing. The article states that they had issues and they likely made a policy in 2012. So, they have hired a few people to answer questions online. This is probably like when you call Rogers and they don't even seem to know things about computers or internet, or you call EI and 10 people each give you a different answer.
    I don't look at this as being an issue with the company, but being an issue that some 20 year old male computer guy was answering tweets and just responded with what he thought was correct. He probably answers if he can and researches the answer if he doesn't know. He probably thought he knew the answer, as he thinks women can't expose themselves on a plane.
    I see it as the ignorance of not having been a breastfeeding woman or been exposed to the politics surrounding breastfeeding. I bet this guy doesn't make the same mistake again

My response would have been that he gets to join me on the plane to babysit my 2 year old and prevent him from breastfeeding, lol. He is pretty strong, can get into a shirt faster than a teenage boy, and can scream pretty loud, and is in-distractable!!! lol He would be begging me to give DS mama milk after about 10 minutes
    dont assume its a male answering questions second it is absoluely the company becasue according to this https://twitter.com/DeltaAssist/stat...86705745575936 off to the left is a list of all the initals and the person names. In the OP the inital was SD therefore from my link the name is sharita which is a females name.

second it is the companys issue if they are going to hire people to answer questions they have a responsibility to make sure those people have the proper answers.

Expert Forum User

Ive had more "looks" from women than men when NIP.
    Last edited by Nemo; 02-28-2014 at 11:07 PM.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by sittingpretty View Post
    dont assume its a male answering questions second it is absoluely the company becasue according to this https://twitter.com/DeltaAssist/stat...86705745575936 off to the left is a list of all the initals and the person names. In the OP the inital was SD therefore from my link the name is sharita which is a females name.

second it is the companys issue if they are going to hire people to answer questions they have a responsibility to make sure those people have the proper answers.
    I wasn't assuming it could only be a male. When reading that most people start to blame the company, so I always try to look at things from all sides (play devil's advocate). IF I went with the story of a 40 year old woman who chose to formula feed, then it starts to take people's minds down a negative road - that they hired someone who is negative to bf.
    But going with a young male who isn't negative to bf, but is just ignorant to the fact that there are laws and how important bf is and how a baby wouldn't take a bottle and what that plane ride would really be like for everyone for those 6 hours - I see this story as helping me and others look at another side.

Expert Forum User

I'm not even sure why this woman would ask this question? I would just get on the plane and breastfeed. It should be the right of any child/mother to breastfeed when and where they need to, so I live that way.
    AuntPetunia and LaLa like this.
    Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.~Michael Pollan, author of In Defense of Food
    If we want to move towards a low-polluting, sustainable society, we need to get consumers to think about their purchases-David Suzuki
    "You must be the change you want to see in the world"- Mahatma Gandhi