Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Sunrise
  • 2 Post By AuntPetunia
  • 1 Post By karmaroo

Thread: Phillip Seymour Hoffman

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default Phillip Seymour Hoffman

Actor Philip Seymour Hoffman dead after suspected drug overdose - The Globe and Mail

I don't know why, but this one is really upsetting me. He was so talented and just seemed so brilliant. He just seemed better than this.

Expert Forum User

I was never fond of him, but he was very good at what he did. Not shocked though.
    newmum2 likes this.
    Married 2005. DD1 2007. DD2 2011. Beta Sigma Phi 2013.
    ... and one cute little kitty!

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

I was seeing this all over my news feed today. But I can honestly say I didn't know who he was. I had to ask someone and even then I didn't know who he was.
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

Really?? OOG, you need to watch more movies! Probably the most recent/relatable one is the Hunger Games. He was in the second one and was supposed to be in the next two also, but I'm not sure how far into filming they've gotten. He's an incredible actor. He's been in so many movies, but not usually the main character. He's often creepy. One of those actors you don't really like and don't know why, but it's usually because of the roles he chooses. But if you sit back, you realize he's just a genius. You truly believe he is every character he plays. Was.
    Mum 2 Alyssa and Carol like this.

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

That's what my neighbour told me. He mentioned hunger games I still couldn't place him! I still need to see the second one. And your right I need to see more movies. I only see ones that are kid rated lol
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

Expert Forum User

It's such a shame - he had apparently been clean and sober for many years.

I don't care too much about celebrities, and usually don't know half of them. But he was my favourite actor, truly. He was one of those actors that you don't notice, until you do, and then you can't get enough of them, if that makes sense? Totally bummed about it.
    AuntPetunia likes this.

Expert Forum User

Very sad and I feel horrible for his young children. I honestly believe that addiction is a disease though and although there are choices in life some ppl have addictive personalities, genetic predispositions to alcoholism, etc. I grew up around several ppl with addictions issues and it is very sad to see when they aren't ready for help. It's unfortunate that he was sober for so long and then got pulled back into it.

Hailey - April 2008
    Scarlett - April 2012
    Troy - July 2014
    *Currently enrolled in the Perinatal Support Practitioner program through Babies Naturally and looking to attend births as a student doula. Please message me for details!*

Word is that they were 7 days away from wrapping the last Hunger Games movie so his death won't effect it. Just means I'll be super sad watching those movies.

Expert Forum User

He was a great actor! Apparently he was clean for many years. Such a waste Poor guy.
    Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.~Michael Pollan, author of In Defense of Food
    If we want to move towards a low-polluting, sustainable society, we need to get consumers to think about their purchases-David Suzuki
    "You must be the change you want to see in the world"- Mahatma Gandhi

Super Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

He was sober they said for over 20 years.... checked himself into rehab in may BEFORE he relapsed because he said he could feel it happenin...... feel bad for his family. He was trying to get help again but the addiction proved too much
    *~* The point isn't whether they lived happily ever after, the point is that they lived*~