Default Any Fanshawe Corporate Communications students/grads out there?

Looking for any information on this program I can get from someone who has 'been there done that'. What is workload like? Is it doable with two busy kids? What about quality of program..did you learn a lot or is it hum drum. And jobs afterwards?

I'm just putting feelers out at this point but have been contemplating this route for quite a while.

Expert Forum User

I took it many, many years ago, so it has probably changed quite a bit. When I did the program it was manageable. I didn't have kids, but I worked 25 hours a week, and took 1 HR evening course each term as well. It is not overly difficult work, but it can be time consuming because there are a lot of team projects and presentations. As for jobs, I am not sure, I did the program to compliment my HR education and I work in HR. It is one of those programs that is hard to fail, and easy to coast but if you coast, you won't make the connections and get the most out of it to get a job. I think the job prospects are in the not for profit sector primarily, some in private sector. Western used to have a similar program too, have you looked at that one?

My friend completed the program at Fanshawe with two young daughters, and she ended up getting a job immediately in customer relations for a well-known IT company. She stayed with them for a few years, but now she has started her own business. I'd say it was doable and practical.
    My musings about my children, my crafts and everything and anything else can be found on my blog.

Thanks for the feedback ladies! Now I just need to figure out how I can quit my job and manage financially for the year I'm in school.... hmmm.