Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By AuntPetunia
  • 1 Post By karmaroo

Thread: Drunk teen kills four and gets 10 yrs probation

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Default Drunk teen kills four and gets 10 yrs probation

Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

Expert Forum User

'Affluenza' - catchy.

Sounds more like they're suggesting bad parenting though.

Expert Forum User

IDK - I think anybody who does the crime, should do the time. Yet, we see it over and over where celebs and other society folk get let off or time served or reduced time - this guy is going to be somewhat punished as he cannot have any contact with his "rich" parents.

The fact he's a kid infuences my opinion more than anything tho - I believe that teens are not really adults until they are at least 21 in today's society. As kids they simply dont' have the brain function to be able to accuratly determine consequenses of their behaviour - I bet for the super rich it's even harder for a teens brain to be able to tell the difference between what will cause serious consequence and what's just fun - KWIM?

Expert Forum User

I think there are youth jails for this reason. I do think he should do jail time in a youth facility for a period of time, and then get his $450,000 intense therapy. He killed 4 people, injured an additional 11.

I don't like reading things like this. And his excuse is the dumbest thing I've ever heard! Is he a psychopath that is unable to experience emotions? No, than I don't believe for one second that he is unable to understand the concept of hurting others. Even if he can't, for whateverdumb made up reason, he broke the law. He operated a motor vehicle under the influence and caused harm. I could go on forever, but I won't! I'll rein my rant in!

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

its just another case of having enough money to buy their way out of trouble.

Terrible but typical of the rich.. Get away with everything. This guy will have to live with consequences but that's not as severe enough punishment.. In our society all too often we make excuses for our "teens" teen is just a modern word... Back even 100 years ago our so called "teens" were acting like adults at the age of 13 now they aren't even acting like accountable adults by the age of 30. 4 people killed because of this irresponsible "teen" !! And where are the parents? Yet another failure in our society.. Parents who are too busy and selfish to raise their child properly with morality. Makes me feel sick.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

This is one of the grossest andnonsensical things I have read in a long time. He's never been punished, so... let's not punish him?? It won't bring back the dead anyway?? Holy sugar!!

i hope (?? But not really) that this is a common punishment for a crime such as this by someone his age and that the case has just been sensationalized because of the affluenza bit, that affluence wasn't REALLY te reason for this insanity.

I truly do hope that all of those civil suits drain the family of all of their money so that this boy no longer is able to suffer from his affluenza and the victims and their families can at least have some money thrown at them to soften this disgusting blow.
    britmum likes this.

This is so infuriating. I can't imagine being the family of those victims and this being the outcome. I think I would lose my mind and give up on the world altogether.

This kid needs to do time. For the victims' sake, and for his own sake. He needs to know that this is just about the absolute worst thing you could ever ever do. And that there are consequences. And that there is no excuse. Period.
    As pomegranate said, it doesn't need to be maximum security adult prison. But he does need to be locked up (in addition to getting therapy).
    AuntPetunia likes this.