Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Shoppers Optimum Redemptions - what's fun to redeem for?

  1. #1
    Expert Forum User
    Sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    nope
    Posts
    6,282
    Rep Power
    499

    Classified Listing Shoppers Optimum Redemptions - what's fun to redeem for?

    So I have enough points to redeem for 2X the highest redemption level. When they have their bonus redemption days, I think that it will be $440.00 that I can redeem for.

    What Shoppers Drug Marts have good electronics sections?
    What fun electronics do they have?

    (I already redeemed for a free Wii earlier in the year through them. I'm not interested in another console).
    Married 2005. DD1 2007. DD2 2011. Beta Sigma Phi 2013.
    ... and one cute little kitty!


  2. #2
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    717
    Rep Power
    57

    Default

    Wow that's amazing! How about using that money to do your christmas shopping... there is so much to chose from! How about gift cards?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    jennerama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    East London
    Posts
    844
    Rep Power
    97

    Default

    It's not "fun", but I usually redeem for razors and blades to last for the year. I hate paying for them, because they are so expensive.

  4. #4
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,477
    Rep Power
    155

    Default

    I have redeemed for necessities and for DS XL, GPS - I am thinking of redeeming for a waterproof camera next time.

    For the past couple years the first weekend in December has the best redemption levels of the entire year - so if you are not in a rush maybe consider redeeming then.
    Sunrise likes this.

  5. #5
    Expert Forum User

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Oakridge
    Posts
    2,625
    Rep Power
    162

    Default

    We are waiting for the bonus redemption to do Christmas shopping.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    bellasmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Byron
    Posts
    1,168
    Rep Power
    77

    Default

    I also did a Wii last Christmas....this year aiming for a Xbox

  7. #7
    Expert Forum User
    Sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    nope
    Posts
    6,282
    Rep Power
    499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by svanmep View Post
    For the past couple years the first weekend in December has the best redemption levels of the entire year - so if you are not in a rush maybe consider redeeming then.
    Yep- that's the only time of the year that I do my redemptions. Last year I was able to redeem 3x the max (over $600) which was fun. I wasn't that great with coordinating the 20x bonuses this year, so I can only redeem 2 of them. (tragic, I know).

    I have no idea. Do any of the SDMs ever have TV's? I wouldn't mind one to stick in front of my treadmill. That, or a kickass stereo surround sound. But I don't think that SDM does those types of electronics.

    Can you redeem points for Gift cards to other stores? If so, maybe I'll just grab a bunch of BestBuy gift cards.
    Married 2005. DD1 2007. DD2 2011. Beta Sigma Phi 2013.
    ... and one cute little kitty!


  8. #8
    Expert Forum User

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,977
    Rep Power
    216

    Default

    no point redemptions for gift cards

    I do the same thing....save up until Xmas to do 2-3 big ones!!!

    I have seen small TV's
    Mom to DS - 9.5 years old
    AND

  9. #9
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,477
    Rep Power
    155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunrise View Post
    Yep- that's the only time of the year that I do my redemptions. Last year I was able to redeem 3x the max (over $600) which was fun. I wasn't that great with coordinating the 20x bonuses this year, so I can only redeem 2 of them. (tragic, I know).

    I have no idea. Do any of the SDMs ever have TV's? I wouldn't mind one to stick in front of my treadmill. That, or a kickass stereo surround sound. But I don't think that SDM does those types of electronics.

    Can you redeem points for Gift cards to other stores? If so, maybe I'll just grab a bunch of BestBuy gift cards.
    Yes we got a small TV with built in DVD player a few years ago too on a redemption. I went to a couple SDM but I think I got it at the one on Wellington/Commissioners

  10. #10
    Expert Forum User
    Sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    nope
    Posts
    6,282
    Rep Power
    499

    Default

    Cool - maybe I'll look around for a small TV.
    Married 2005. DD1 2007. DD2 2011. Beta Sigma Phi 2013.
    ... and one cute little kitty!


  11. #11
    Expert Forum User

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,241
    Rep Power
    421

    Default

    How does double redemption work? I have a lot of points and raf planning on using them for Christmas but I had no idea there were Days like that

  12. #12
    Expert Forum User
    Sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    nope
    Posts
    6,282
    Rep Power
    499

    Default

    It's not a double redemption, more of just a bonus redemption.

    Normally if you redeem 95,000 pts you get $170.00 free. On the bonus redemption days, you redeem 95,000 pts and get $220.00 free. They've always done a bonus redemption day early in December. I can't remember if the one in December goes above $220 or not, but I always wait until these bonus days to redeem. I think that it might go up to $250.00 but I'm not certain.

    Here's the ad for one they did in the summer, to see the different redemption levels:
    http://www.mrsjanuary.com/canada-sal...june-8-9-2013/
    Last edited by Sunrise; 11-07-2013 at 06:07 PM.
    planejane likes this.
    Married 2005. DD1 2007. DD2 2011. Beta Sigma Phi 2013.
    ... and one cute little kitty!


  13. #13
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,477
    Rep Power
    155

    Default

    The one in December always went over the normal bonus redemption
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunrise View Post
    It's not a double redemption, more of just a bonus redemption.

    Normally if you redeem 95,000 pts you get $170.00 free. On the bonus redemption days, you redeem 95,000 pts and get $220.00 free. They've always done a bonus redemption day early in December. I can't remember if the one in December goes above $220 or not, but I always wait until these bonus days to redeem. I think that it might go up to $250.00 but I'm not certain.

    Here's the ad for one they did in the summer, to see the different redemption levels:
    Shoppers Drug Mart Super Bonus Redemption - June 8-9, 2013

  14. #14
    Expert Forum User

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    London.
    Posts
    7,898
    Rep Power
    507

    Default

    there is also a gift card promo starting tomorrow
    where if you buy 2 or more giftcards totalling $150 dollars you get a 8000 points. i wonder if those are bonus points or just what you get?

    do you even get points for buying non shoppers gift cards?

    i need to buy a lot of gifts cards so this will be good.

  15. #15
    Expert Forum User
    Sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    nope
    Posts
    6,282
    Rep Power
    499

    Default

    You don't get points for buying non-sdm gift cards. And you only get 8,000 points per transaction (what they told me last year, at least). So you have to do multiple transactions if you want more than 8,000 points. Last year I think I bought $600 in gas and grocery gift certificates and was able to get 32,000 points.
    Married 2005. DD1 2007. DD2 2011. Beta Sigma Phi 2013.
    ... and one cute little kitty!


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Question about Shoppers redeem your points
    By momof3angels in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-23-2012, 01:25 PM
  2. Shoppers Optimum Points
    By princess2808 in forum Frugal Living, Cool Co-ops and Special Group rates for London Moms!
    Replies: 326
    Last Post: 09-01-2011, 11:08 PM
  3. Shoppers Optimum Points
    By Aljiana in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-26-2010, 04:13 PM
  4. PO'd at Shoppers Optimum
    By MamaM in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-26-2010, 08:29 PM
  5. Shoppers Drug Mart New Shoppers Optimum VIB (Very Important Baby)
    By Boo Radley in forum Frugal Living, Cool Co-ops and Special Group rates for London Moms!
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-13-2009, 04:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •