Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By aphrodite9
  • 1 Post By mizsquizz

Thread: reflux and cries all the time...any homeopathic help?

Default reflux and cries all the time...any homeopathic help?

My little man is 7 months old and has bad reflux. I switched to enfamil thickened formula which has helped a bit but he's constipated now and he still cries all the time and doesn't sleep well. Anyone have any ideas to help him?

I wish I had some advice. Ds is soooooooo cranky with reflux all the time. He is BF so I dont know about the formula change but try some applesauce or prune juice to get things going for him. Is he on medication for the reflux? Why did the Dr suggest the thickened formula? I was told that in babies reflux is usually something you just have to deal with and that its more of a laundry problem then anything else. My pead said that if ds is gaining weight and able to sleep then meds are not necessary. She had mentioned that DS will still reflux solids but that we just wont notice because they wont flow out lie milk does. Maybe with the thickened formula he is still having reflux, you are just not noticing it because it doesnt come all the way out? Id give the dr a call and see if you can go back to the original formula, and maybe get some meds for reflux so he can get some better sleep.

I have heard excellent things about chiropractic care for this issue in babies. Never experienced it myself so this is from a friend and also a family member. Apparently Rebirth Wellness has a chiropractor on staff who specializes in babies
    BabyLove likes this.
    I am an Independent Epicure Consultant! View my page here: http://tinyurl.com/ck26nam

I was thinking about trying chiropractor but it makes me so nervous with babies. I go all the time...but babies I'm not sure. He isn't on meds cause the doctor said he doesn't seem to be in pain but he cries so much. I think I'm going back to the doctors and I'll call the rebirth centre too to find out more about chiro. Thanks ladies
    SpringChicks likes this.

My daughter took ranitidine for reflux until she was about 8 months or so.

My doctor was hesitant to give us meds, so I made a two week chart, estimating how much she ate (bf), what time she ate, what time she threw up and estimate how much she threw up. I took my chart back to the doctors, and she gave us meds. It didn't totally clear up the problem, but it improved by 50%.
    Last edited by jennerama; 10-18-2013 at 06:11 AM.

Depending on the severity of the reflux you can give meds. My daughter still threw up with the thickened formula and it made it harder on her because it was so thick. We tried to change her to a soy formula, tried her on nutramagen and nothing helped. Eventually she was put on donperidone and ranitidine it helped a bit.....turned out my DD was a celiac and that was her issues. Not diagnosed until she was 4.
    Catherine
    Mama of 2 wonderful Children,
    July 2006 & January 2008

My LO is 4.5 months old and had reflux until about 2 months old. I took him to a Chiropractor (have since the day he was born) and it definitely helped, the reflux is gone.

Expert Forum User

I just took my 1 month old to the chiropractor (Dr. Bernat at Rebirth) as he was really gassy and favoured putting his head to one side. It really helped right away, he was much more relaxed and settled better for sleeping. Adjustments on babies are much gentler and are more just touching/massaging, etc. (that's what it looks like to me, obv they can feel what they're doing and know the physiological side of what's going on). I also made an appointment with an osteopath and he'll be going to see her tomorrow. Same idea, I just want him checked out and to see if it will help his gas issues mostly.
    ETA: Oh wow, this is super old! lol
    Last edited by SpringChicks; 08-11-2014 at 01:40 PM.

Hailey - April 2008
    Scarlett - April 2012
    Troy - July 2014
    *Currently enrolled in the Perinatal Support Practitioner program through Babies Naturally and looking to attend births as a student doula. Please message me for details!*