Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By laurensmom
  • 1 Post By AuntPetunia
  • 1 Post By HowWeeLearn

Thread: A few random questions.

Expert Forum User

Default A few random questions.

DD doesnt coo. She shrieks. She has 4 different types of screeches; t-rex, ghost, monkey and peacock. Normal? Will she be a loud kid?

She always seems bored. I feel like I need to entertain her 24/7. Any ideas on what we can do? I take her for walks and drive her to see family so prefer ideas where she isnt strapped into that seat all day. Sitting on the floor and playing with toys is borrring. She'll whine and cry. The jolly jumper has only recently become fun and shes obsessed with jumping.

Shes been irritable on and off and drooling like a bloodhound for weeks. Is a tooth going to pop up soon? Wth.

I'm going to make her organic purees. How long are they good for frozen? 3 months for veggies?

Thats all...for now...

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Quote Originally Posted by Katie_ View Post
    DD doesnt coo. She shrieks. She has 4 different types of screeches; t-rex, ghost, monkey and peacock. Normal? Will she be a loud kid?

She always seems bored. I feel like I need to entertain her 24/7. Any ideas on what we can do? I take her for walks and drive her to see family so prefer ideas where she isnt strapped into that seat all day. Sitting on the floor and playing with toys is borrring. She'll whine and cry. The jolly jumper has only recently become fun and shes obsessed with jumping.

Shes been irritable on and off and drooling like a bloodhound for weeks. Is a tooth going to pop up soon? Wth.

I'm going to make her organic purees. How long are they good for frozen? 3 months for veggies?

Thats all...for now...
    Screeching is normal. FYI, all kids are loud

Jumping is great. L spent months doing it. Go with it. She will also soon be entertained by trying to get cheerios into her mouth. Fun times.

Drooling might mean a tooth soon.....or one several month from now....no rhyme or reason there.

About 3 months in the freezer. Use ice cube trays then pop into baggies once frozen.
    Nemo likes this.
    "Anything is better than lies and deceit". Leo Tolstoy

Babies make all kinds of sounds, and one day you may find she stops shrieking entirely and makes another sound for weeks. Growls or yells or coos. Never know. I wouldn't worry about that.

For entertainment here's what mine loved best: You know those playgym things, that baby lies under? Mine all liked those -- especially the older fashioned ones. I lke ones with mirrors, things to bat at that have a reaction like beads that bounce visibly in the rattle or such.
    They loved their excersaucers. I again like plainer, older ones as I find they have more to actually manipulate and that way appeal lasts longer.
    Jumperoo was a hit with my last, though my other two didn't have that.
    Mine all loved stuff that wasn't toys. Two of them had favourite whisks they toted around.
    I'd lay them down and hand them a tupper ware lid,or a potato masher, or a plastic bag (supervised!) and they would love to examine it.

That's about all I've got. I don't know about homemade food lol other than smushing it up at the time I was about to use it, I didn't do that. I'm not that hardcore at mommying lol
    DD1 age 7 DS age 11
    "I will remember you." July/10
    Baby Elaina born October 28th, 2011. Making every single day that much more special.
    INTERESTED IN BUYING DVDS OF OLD KIDS' SHOWS. Mr.Rogers', Mr.Dressup, Polka Dot Door, etc

Expert Forum User

Being upright, like in a jumper, can lead to more drooling. Or rather, the outward appearance of more drooling. She doesn't swallow it all, and likely has a fist jammed in her mouth a lot, so it comes pouring out.

04/05/12 & 28/09/12 - Mama loves you, Babies.

I called that phase The Blob Phase. They're suddenly awake and alert, but unable to entertain themselves. Blobs sitting there that you have to constantly dance for. Not my favorite time. We would mall walk or park walk. Lots of walking, lots to look at. They get a lot more fun when they can sit independently, actually manipulate toys, and then move.
    Gill'sMama likes this.

I love your categories of screeches - hilarious. My babe is a screecher too - he is my 3rd, so I account it to him trying to be heard over his siblings

If you are interested, I did a post a little while ago about 50 Learning Activities for Babies:

50 Learning Activities for Babies | How Wee Learn

Lots of simple, fun, and educational things for you to do with your little T-Rex/Ghost/Monkey/Peacock
    Nemo likes this.
    www.HowWeeLearn.com-a Mama's guide to Learning Activities for Wee Ones.

Expert Forum User

I like number 35.
    Then buy a fish tank.
    But only from Big Als!

Expert Forum User

Your baby is about the same age as mine. He likes to shriek as well. i like to think he learned from his sister's tantrums. Haha. They can have teething symptoms months before a tooth pops. My baby loves his older brother, and older brother loves to cuddle or entertain him. So that helps. He likes the swing at the playground. This age is hard, he can't sit up yet, so can't play with toys very well. I will lay him on the floor and put a toy on either side so he has to roll to get it. And now it's difficult to eat while holding him since he's always trying to grab my utensil.

My Lexie (4 months in 2 day) has her 'testing cry' when she's not really crying, but I can tell when she wants to be held vs swing/crib. Her 'upset' cry when she really wants to be fed/changed or just won't go down for a nap, or her 'cat dying cry', it really does sound like a cat cry/shriek... in fact my neighbour 20 ft back has mentioned it sounds like a cat crying and I think he was confused and wondered if it was the baby or if we had a new cat lol.

I switch between holding her, using the exersaucer, jolly jumper and nursing pillow with colourful toys on it (back to the couch) to help her sit up alot. I figure the more I can encourage independent sitting and standing the more content she will be playing/exploring. If neither will do I find just wearing her in a wrap around the house and carting her with me to and from each activity makes her more than content.