Question do you use contraception

For those who are religious:

I'm really curious do you use any form of birth control? If so what kind? What does your particular religion say about the withdrawal method, birth control pill, tubes tied?

Is withdrawal method considered bad to spill ur seed? Lol

If you dont believe in birth control how do you manage multiple births and what if too many pregnancies is too hard on your body?

Expert Forum User

I'm a Christian, we used the pill when we first got married, then condoms after we had DD. I think it's something that's a personal choice between a husband and wife. In our particular church I really haven't heard any opinions from our pastors in regards to sex or birth control inside of marriage. Outside of marriage sex is discouraged, that has come up in sermons.

Expert Forum User

Well I'm Catholic...it's pretty clear cut. DH and I get pg very easily (have had 2 kids - the first was a surprise, and 2 m/c's) with only 1 or 2 times it could have happened each time as we're usually pretty careful. We (sometimes) use condoms which is discouraged but I personally feel more comfortable with a barrier method than hormonal bc. I posted something about natural/electronic bc options recently and think I'm going to try that for the next couple of yrs while DH is in school.
    Baby-Comp
    Along with the religious reasons, I'm just not comfortable with hormonal bc, I've had pills filled multiple times and then never end up starting them. I also feel nauseous easily during my cycle and worry that it would just make it worse.

Hailey - April 2008
    Scarlett - April 2012
    Troy - July 2014
    *Currently enrolled in the Perinatal Support Practitioner program through Babies Naturally and looking to attend births as a student doula. Please message me for details!*

Expert Forum User

I'm Catholic and I don't use birth control. My husband has used condoms at times during our marriage as he isn't religious. After we are done having children he will have a vasectomy. It is his decision. Between the kids we didn't use any birth control really and breastfeeding spaced them about 2 years apart each time.
    Catholics who don't use birth control use natural family planning to space or avoid pregnancies. Natural family planning is really effective for women who have regular cycles. (it's harder to interpret for women who have irregular cycles or who are breastfeeding and not cycling regularly yet). there are many different methods but if you use the most conservative rules (sex only after ovulation has been confirmed) the chances of getting pregnant are exceedingly low (only if you misinterpret your ovulation date- which, if you've had practice with verifying ovulation through cervical position, cervil fluid, basal body temperature and perhaps ovulation testing kits is unlikely) the downside of that, of course is the abstinence. NFP typically requires 7-11 days of abstinence per cycle and 14-17+ days if you are using the most conservative rules.

along with religious reasons, like Spring Chicks, I have other reasons for not wanting to use hormonal BC. I've had bad experiences with the pill in the past. Before I converted to Catholicism I was on the pill and I had lots of 'female problems' and low libido. No thanks!

[/url]