Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Fall/Winter 2013 Exercise Thread

Expert Forum User

This week I got to the Y for 4 day classes and one evening class. Yesterday I didn't get to the Y like I had planned but I did walk a large corn maze with a 30lb monkey on my back which must count for something! The class I did in the evening left me feeling my whole core for 3 days. I am going to be doing that class on Monday and Wednesdays and the Y still three times a week so I'm hoping for some (at least minor) results soon. My volleyball league starts in two weeks as well which is fun and builds a sweat.
    I've been doing some meal planning which is helpful too.

Expert Forum User

sardam - that is awesome!!! I played in a volleyball league in University at the U of A and loved my competitive volleyball. Yes and you do sweat buckets too!
    Granola is a Mum to 2 wonderful boys

Expert Forum User

I have been doing some cycling and walking and will be getting back to the gym this week again. My new job also keeps me active too game coordinating basketball, ultimate Frisbee and soccer 2x nights a week.

Expert Forum User

I've been doing well, getting to the gym at least 3 times a week (4 last week) and doing a class in town once a week as well as doing 30 minutes of cardio/hand weights at home on my days off. Still eating well (other then last Sunday, but I still limited it). Volleyball starts tomorrow, I'm excited.
    Oh, and I did a weigh in . . . I'm down 10lbs in month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can totally feel it in my pants and looking in the mirror. My weight really fluctuates on the time of the month so I made sure to do it the same date for accuracy and although I knew there was a difference, I was pleased to see the numbers. I can see muscle definition in new places too which is nice.
    my2babies likes this.

Expert Forum User

sardam, that is awesome! Love volleyball so enjoy your team sport today! Great also on the weigh in and the muscle definition ... 10 pounds that is awesome!!!!

I am doing a lunch time Group Power (weight training class) today to ease myself into things ... doing a Group Kick (Cardio Kick Boxing class this morning would make me so sore and be too much. Group Power is much better to start the week with.

Expert Forum User

This week, 40 min Group Power class and yesterday Group Ride. Today I did my own thing of a 30 min run on the treadmill as well as 30 min on the spin bike this morning ... then realized that there was a Group Power at lunch that I could have gone too instead. Oh well next Wednesday I will remember ...

Tomorrow I am going swimming ... to change things up and I might get in a lunch time Group Ride class in!

Expert Forum User

Last Saturday I went to Group Ride class, Monday I went for a long walk, Tuesday I did another Group Ride class and today, I went for a bike ride outside in the sunshine.

How is everyone doing? All kinds of exercise counts in this thread, except eating LOL! Whether it is walk or some sit ups at home anything counts! So it is almost November and in another month, Christmas parties will start and you will want to get into that special dress.

sardam - how are you doing at the Y? and aidensmoms how are you kettlebell classes going.

So let's motivate each other so we can indulge a bit over the holiday season!

Expert Forum User

Keep it up Granola! Do you find it harder to get to classes now that you are working?
    My motivation is the cruise I'm going on (two weeks yesterday) which I'll gain 5lbs back on, and then have a month to loose that 5lbs and then some for Christmas!
    I'm still doing well. Sunday we (as a family so a slow pace, but I was carrying a kid for a chunk of it) walked 6km's on a trail, Monday the Y, Tuesday 700 jumping jacks, and a 10 minute ab workout, today, tomorrow and Friday I'll be at the Y for a class but likely won't get much in over the weekend.

Expert Forum User

sardam, I am able to fit in lunch time classes with work. Hope you have a great time on your cruise!

I have been doing Group Power, Group Ride classes and swimming laps for the last couple of weeks and that seems to be a good fit for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12