Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Fall/Winter 2013 Exercise Thread

Expert Forum User

Cool Fall/Winter 2013 Exercise Thread

The thread continues off from the summer one. Here it is the start of September after the long weekend, now is the time to get back into an exercise routine whether it be at home, yoga shack, gym or outside! Post when you are able, try for once a week or a couple of times a week on what you did to stay fit!

Today, my DS1 and DS2 started back at school, I decided to do a lunch time Group Ride class at the gym, which are 40 minutes (lunch time classes) rather than the usual 60 minutes. I did 10 minutes on my own before the class started so I made it 50! I feel awesome!

Let's motivate each other to stay healthy in many different ways over the next 4 months!
    Granola is a Mum to 2 wonderful boys

Expert Forum User

Today I got my hair cut and styled so I opted not to go to the gym but went for a walk instead. Tomorrow I am back at the gym doing a 60 minute Group Power (weight training) class.

Expert Forum User

Where is everyone now that it is September?

I took Friday off and went for a walk instead of going to Group Kick. Today, I played 2 on 1 basketball with DS1 and DS2and did some gardening this afternoon (which counts when you break a sweat!). Playing with your kids does count as exercise when you are playing sports with them or doing yoga!

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Well I'm still doing the same, kickboxing on Tues, kettlebell on Wed, kickboxing twice on Thur (that one hurt), kickboxing on Fri and kettlebell and kickboxing today, plus biking to and from work Wed/Fri (off on Tue/Thur for kids first day of school). All that crazy working out allows me to eat too much ice cream and drink beer!
    Mommy to three adorable kids!

Expert Forum User

aidensmom, I was waiting for you post since you are so hard CORE! YOU ROCK! Today was a day off but I did lots of running around with errands! Tomorrow, I am doing a Group Ride class at lunch again. I have family visiting from England this week and next so I am trying to some time at the gym in between visiting. I'll need some motivation to get it into high gear.

Expert Forum User

Group Ride was awesome today at lunch. Burned so many calories and had lots of fun! One of the swim instructors that DS1 and DS2 had and I are going to do the lunch time Group Ride class together. Great to ride with a friend.

Too hot to ride or run outside. Sitting in my sun shirt and swim shorts with swim shoes on ... What is everyone else up to today to stay cool?

Expert Forum User

Went for a swim yesterday and this morning, swimming laps in the pool. I did 45 minutes yesterday and 30 minutes today. Where is everyone from the Spring/Summer thread? Aidensmom is the only one back here.

Expert Forum User

Did a 45 min run on treadmill yesterday and did a Group Ride class this morning!!!!

What is everyone else up to this week and weekend?

Expert Forum User

Busy week with family leaving for back to the UK...now I will be back at it more regularly. I did go to the gym Thursday and went for some walks along the river valley this week.

Next week, I will get back at it! How is everyone's exercise routine going?

Expert Forum User

I have had a very busy week. I applied for a job posting at FCSSC as a game coordinator and got an interview and got hired within a week. I started last night as a games coordinator for ultimate and soccer leagues. I really enjoy my job as I get to over see 4 ultimate games and 1 soccer game (2 matches at the same time). Each game is 55 minutes long and there are 5 different games per night. I keep pretty busy during the night especially the double soccer match from 9-10pm!

My DS1 and DS2 are excited that I am returning to work after 6 years of being a SAHM. My background is Elementary teaching and Physical Education so I am doing a job in my sports related field.

I plan to go for the Saturday Group Ride class tomorrow morning at the Y as this is my favourite class. I try to go 2x a month on a Saturday. I have been going for walks this week and playing some basketball and doing some bike riding with DS1 and DS2.

Let's motivate each other to stay healthy in many different ways over the next 4 months! How many of us want to look great for Christmas to go somewhere warm and be in a swimsuit?

Expert Forum User

I'll join you. I NEED to loose this weight. My pants from last year (I have in and bought a size up) do not fit at all. I'm at my highest weight since being preggo three years ago. My weight has been going up and down 15lbs over the past year many times, but it is up 20+lbs now and not going down
    Last week I was at the Y for three classes and did 4 classes this week. I've also cut out sugar snacks and no eating after 8pm. Let the weight loss begin

ETA: I didn't read your last post until after I posted. Congrats on the new job! And yes, part of my motivation is the pants not fitting and the other part is that I will be in a bathing suit in 6 weeks! And want to look good for Christmas. Which Y do you go to? I don't do Saturday mornings but am around during the week.
    Last edited by sardam; 09-27-2013 at 09:46 PM.

Expert Forum User

sardam - which Y? I am at Centre Branch and I do the lunch time classes from 12:10-12:50pm. Want to join me anytime just PM me. I can even do the morning ones if that works better for you. You can get back to your usual weight! Let's motivate each other! I lost 5 pounds this month without even trying!

I do not eat either after 8pm and limit myself to veggies and meat for dinner - no carbs usually. Once in a while I will treat myself to carbs at dinner like when I make homemade Pad Thai or a stir fry with brown rice.

Expert Forum User

I've also been limiting my carbs, especially at dinner. Tonight we had tacos so I had taco salad with no nachos pieces or anything in it. I'm hypoglycemic so my breakfast has to be high protein or I crash by 10am so I always have a healthy breakfast. It is the in-between breakfast and dinner that I now have to focus on.
    I got a library book that has a tonne of healthy smoothies in it. I am considering trying them a few times a week for lunch but I don't know if they will satisfy me enough or if I'll end up eating that and then something else and defeating the purpose.
    Last edited by sardam; 09-28-2013 at 08:56 PM.

Expert Forum User

I did Group Ride last Saturday morning and it was awesome. On Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, I went for a walk. Today, I am thinking of a bike ride along the trails in the river valley as I am so close to them.

How is everyone else's week going?

Expert Forum User

How is everyone doing this week ... I have been doing lots of walking outside, core work and some yoga at home. I hope to get back to the gym tomorrow for Group Power at lunch time.

Let's motivate each other to stay healthy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast