Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: what church do u attend?

Default what church do u attend?

Just wondering what church people attend and are children sent to sunday school/nursery or are they invited to be in church with you?

I belong to a small country United Church, just north of London. The children start the service with everyone together, and after children's time (a little story and children's hymn) they will either go to the back of the church to the community room (there is only the sanctuary and back room at the church) with a couple of adults for "Sunday school" or they will just to the back of the sanctuary to color some pages that our minister brings each week. There really isn't an official Sunday school because there are only about 6 children total each week - give or take a few.
    Granola likes this.

Expert Forum User

We attend North Park Community church. There is Children's church during the service which DD attends but if you would prefer to have your child in church with you they also have something called "pew packs" that you can pick up near the entrance to the church. They are a clip board with some crayons and paper and I think they might have a copy of this week's Sunday school hand out as well but I'm not 100% sure on that one as we never use them any more. We used to use them when DD wasn't ready to be alone in Children's church yet.

Expert Forum User

We go to Forest City Community Church. My kids all attend sunday school, but there its called Adventureland. They go right away and aren't in the service at all. The kids program is fantastic there.
    Annmomofboys, SW2010 and Granola like this.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I have been a total slacker since we moved. We're supposed to be at St Michaels but have yet to make an appearance. This Sunday! I swear! There is a children's program, so I've heard. We will find out Sunday!
    jenelen, Granola and SpringChicks like this.

Expert Forum User

We used to go to a little red church called Bethel Chapel. My Great-Grandpa used to run the services there, I loved it as a kid. Not sure if it's still a little church now though.
    We were sent to a sort of sunday school - which was run by my aunt inside the church.

When we switched churches later on, we started going to a church in Wortley. Their sunday school program was much different then what we were used to and my brother and I became a bit... defiant. It wasn't long before church was no longer fun for us at this new one, and we started staying home with my Dad instead.

I would also attend church with a family friend occasionally, at St Justins. There wasn't a sunday school or childrens group as far as I know, we always sat in the pews with my friends family.
    Last edited by IsisBaily; 09-03-2013 at 06:05 PM.
    Granola likes this.

Expert Forum User

We attend Oakridge Presbyterian, the kids go right to Kid Zone except for once a month when they come to the service with us and the kids choir sings.
    Granola likes this.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by AuntPetunia View Post
    I have been a total slacker since we moved. We're supposed to be at St Michaels but have yet to make an appearance. This Sunday! I swear! There is a children's program, so I've heard. We will find out Sunday!
    On Cheapside? That's where we go, we love it! At the 10:30am mass they have Sunday School, another group of older kids that go to the upper floor for class and then there's a baby room as well. You can bring your kids in though at any time.
    Granola, AuntPetunia and jenelen like this.

Hailey - April 2008
    Scarlett - April 2012
    Troy - July 2014
    *Currently enrolled in the Perinatal Support Practitioner program through Babies Naturally and looking to attend births as a student doula. Please message me for details!*

We go to Word Of His Power, out on Exeter Rd. The kids are with us for Worship, and then after the offering they go back to kids church. They love it, and are sad when we don't go (doesn't happen very often). If you wanted the kids can stay with you during service, but they would have more fun in the back.
    Granola likes this.

Forest City Community Church - my kid's love the Adventureland program.
    SW2010 and Granola like this.

Expert Forum User

We attend St. Annes Catholic Church in St. Thomas. Children start mass with us and then children aged 4-7 are invited to sunday school and we join us before communion and remain for the rest of mass.
    Granola likes this.
    Andrea - Mommy to two beautiful girls.

Expert Forum User

we go to St. Michael's as well! there's a nursery for under 3s (but there's lots of 3 year olds there too if you think your kid can't hack it at the big church yet). the 3-7 go to sunday school, 7- grade 4 have a children's liturgy. the kids are there for about half the mass (until after the homily/offeratory) then come join the adults.

my baby doesn't go to the nursery though cause she thinks she's being abandoned forever and ever

[/url]

Expert Forum User

Jenelen think I saw you guys there this morning! Beautiful kids!! I was trying to get my 3.5 year old to go to Liturgy of the Word for Children with the big kids but he was a bit upset about not going to the nursery.
    Granola and jenelen like this.
    I have 4 boys ages 7, 5, and 3 and newborn

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I was there! Totally patting myself on the back for that one. Just brought the girls. They both went to the children program. Jenelen, I was thinking you should've sat with me then we could pass off kids when one fusses. It's hard being a single-church-mom when you're outnumbered!
    SpringChicks, Granola and jenelen like this.

Expert Forum User

oh man, you saw my walk of shame? LOL
    I thought I saw your kids but I wasn't sure!
    the baby is staying with daddy next time!! (well next week I'll be in the nursery, but after that...)
    britmum, come introduce yourself I'll be in nursery next week I think we've met before but only very breifly.

also if anyone's interested there's a parenting group at St. Mike's on Weds mornings from 9:30 to 11:30! I'll be there this week, I don't know about next though as my schedule changes due to babysitting. they have care providers to watch the kids (unless you have a rotten baby who refuses to seperate from you ) and then coffee and scripture and all sorts of neat stuff
    Last edited by jenelen; 09-09-2013 at 11:56 AM.
    britmum likes this.

[/url]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast