Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Someone tell me I wont have to do this when shes 30.

Expert Forum User

Default Someone tell me I wont have to do this when shes 30.

So I have the thread about how she doesnt sleep at night. Well SO will keep her on the couch and sooth her as soon as she starts to wake, and she slept from 7-3, but woke up every hour after that with me. Good but also frustrating. I feel she cant self sooth at all.

naps are also frustrating. She screams/cries before every single one and I have to hold her. I really need some tips on how to get her to sleep without crying. I need some tips on how to be able to put her down and have her nap for longer than 10 minutes. Every book I read says put then down sleepy but not tired but that never effing works. Like at all. Im losing my mind! These meltdowns are killing me
    Last edited by Nemo; 07-27-2013 at 10:27 AM.

Expert Forum User

I know im sounding like a broken record, but try her in her crib. She might not be comfortable in the bassinett
    one ordinary girl likes this.

Expert Forum User

My son was like this too and at 4 years old he still doesn't like GOING to sleep but at least he doesn't cry anymore lol so there is a light at the end of the draining tunnel. The only way I really got him to sleep was the swing or car rides and keep him in the seat. OR I would side-nurse in the bed and get out of bed once he was asleep. Ya, I had to nurse him to sleep until I stopped nursing at 15 months but it saved me from a lot of crying and frustration and eventually they have to learn and once they're older they understand a bit better so it's easier.
    planejane likes this.

Expert Forum User

Crib with a mobile that has a remote Was such a life saver with DD1.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by lc01045 View Post
    I know im sounding like a broken record, but try her in her crib. She might not be comfortable in the bassinett
    As much as i dont want to I will try tonight.

what about the nap situation? Were ur kids like this?

Expert Forum User

Most 3 month olds can't self soothe at all.
    I know it's hard when you are going through it but she definitely won't be doing this when she's 30 or likely even when she's 3.
    My youngest was a rotten sleeper. Co sleeping saved our sanity.
    He is 6 years old now and a great sleeper. 12 hours/night and he rarely climbs into bed with us.
    Nemo and momx2 like this.

Formerly Jacksmommy
    Becky ~ Mom to two busy boys, Jack & Ben

~Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind~
    ~Dr. Seuss~

Expert Forum User

Oh and as for naps neither of my kids started taking regular naps of longer than one hour until they were 9-12 months old.
    They were both cat nappers and I have lots of friends who have kids that were the same. I don't think many 3 month olds take lengthy naps unless they are snuggled right up to someone.

Formerly Jacksmommy
    Becky ~ Mom to two busy boys, Jack & Ben

~Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind~
    ~Dr. Seuss~

I was/am a co sleeper. when she was that age, we would both nap at the same time. Snuggle up and catch some zzzzzzz's.

maybe you are having her nap a few minutes too late. Maybe she is crying because she is over tired? Try 20 minutes earlier?
    Last edited by jennerama; 07-27-2013 at 11:37 AM.

Expert Forum User

I thought it was an over tired scream. This morning as soon as I saw her rub her eyes and yawn, I went to rock her. She saw the glider and started crying. Its as if she HAS to cry to fall asleep, although at night nursing always works. It breaks my heart and makes me feel a little angry at all the other moms whos kids can fall asleep on their own.

Expert Forum User

Both started to regress but it was beacuse, i firmly believe, they were uncomfortable. They would fa asleep fast and sleep better, longer and sounder on the bed, couch or in their crib, i clued into it one day when james cried when i put him in the bassinet but he calmed when i layed him on the couch. It just made sense, look at the padding and the way thr bassinnet bows when theyre in it after a certain weight. I wouldnt want to sleep in it and i would be miserable to. I hope it works for you. Sometimes we arent ready for things when they are.

I would put dd2 in her crib and kiss her and leave. She would whine and cry then I would go in and not pick her up but rub her belly, head, etc. She eventually calmed down and I would leave again. I did this until she was fine on her own. Now at 9 months I can just put her in her crib and she will play for a few minutes before she crashes. I was never a fan of the cry it out. Broke my heart too much to hear that super sad cry. Whining doesn't bother me.

Expert Forum User

She's still very young. DS is 4 months, I nurse him to sleep then get up when I can. (I have two other kids though, I would happily lay down longer with him, sometimes I do when DH is home) sometimes he'll stay asleep for an hour but usually it's 20-30 minutes then he stirs and I nurse him back to sleep again
    Book Worm likes this.

Expert Forum User

He will take a longer nap in the moby wrap. Do you have one?

Expert Forum User

I have a moby but Im not very skilled with it.

id be fine if she whined to sleep but she screams. I cant let her scream it out.

Expert Forum User

M was a fussy sleeper... though not to that extent. He'd start crying and I'd usually go in and *not* pick him up. I'd give him his soother, turn on a little music box, and gently pet his head from the top of his forehead down the bridge of his nose. The motion of watching my fingers in addition to the feeling must have calmed him and made him sleepy because I could always get him to sleep after a few minutes of doing that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast