Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default BPA--where to get refunds

So it appears that places are starting to offer store credit for different bottles etc and I thought it would be useful to have a thread dedicated to where we can get refunds....something like
    what product
    where did you return it
    receipt or not

thanks!!! Hopefully in time all products will be able to be returned but in the meantime I personally don't want the hassle of dragging the bottles/sippies trying to find a store that will accept them

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I got Zellers Highbury and Huron to take:

3- 9oz bottles
    5- 4 oz bottles
    1 Sterilizer
    Avent Breast pump!!!!!!!!!!

I got the normal for the bottles, $50 for the sterillizer and $20 for the pump (they rang it in under a different pump and I separated the bottles and got money for them too instead of giving back the avent $100 pack as is. The sterilizer isn't on the list but they took it anyways) Got back a total of $154.

We got 6 new sippies, 2 fork/spoon sets, a bowl, a bike helmet and pads and a new bed sheet set (comforter, sheets and pillow case), oh and little swimmers for swimming lessons. We paid a grand total of $15!!!!!

We told Aden we were trading the bottles for his new stuff. Good way to wean from the bottle!
    Mommy to DS Jan '06, DD July '09, DS Feb '11, DD Dec '12
    Wife to my wonderful DH of 8 years
    http://handsbetterfull.blogspot.com/

Expert Forum User

within walking distance of downtown but a good part

what product: playtex advance
    where did you return it: Walmart
    receipt or not:no receipt got a gift card
    How much :just under $5 for 6 oz bottles and just under $7 for the 9 oz bottle but they have no bottles to sell

I sell AVON I sell SCENTSY JOIN THE PARTY!

Quote Originally Posted by princess2808 View Post
    I got Zellers Highbury and Huron to take:

3- 9oz bottles
    5- 4 oz bottles
    1 Sterilizer
    Avent Breast pump!!!!!!!!!!

I got the normal for the bottles, $50 for the sterillizer and $20 for the pump (they rang it in under a different pump and I separated the bottles and got money for them too instead of giving back the avent $100 pack as is. The sterilizer isn't on the list but they took it anyways) Got back a total of $154.

We got 6 new sippies, 2 fork/spoon sets, a bowl, a bike helmet and pads and a new bed sheet set (comforter, sheets and pillow case), oh and little swimmers for swimming lessons. We paid a grand total of $15!!!!!

We told Aden we were trading the bottles for his new stuff. Good way to wean from the bottle!

Question about the breast pump - was it recalled too? and I take it that you did not need to have a box to return it then?

Are they taking back used stuff? I havent used mine but they arent in the box. i have the playtex advace I think with the angled neck the fatter ones

Expert Forum User

mine were all used i just washed them before i took them back to walmart and i got a gift card .. make sure you have some already tho .. walmart is sold out of the BPA free ones

i hit the zellers at westmount mall today and returned a ton of 9oz and 4oz Avent bottles. they were all used, some had nipples, some didn't. i didn't have a receipt. it was great!!! makes me feel a lot better about having to go out and splurge on green to grow bottles for my picky eater.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Everything was used and no boxes or recipts. The pump was not recalled but I convinced them to take it anyways since I had no use for it without the bottles to attach.
    Mommy to DS Jan '06, DD July '09, DS Feb '11, DD Dec '12
    Wife to my wonderful DH of 8 years
    http://handsbetterfull.blogspot.com/

that sucks. I got rid of all of mine when I replaced them.
    Is the Avent sterilizer recalled too? Is there a list of what is being recalled?
    Barbi, mommy to
    Jack and Seth

so what bottles are safe? I went to zellers and they pretty much had nothing. Is it just the drop in liner bottles that are ok?

I was able to return all of my Avent as well as Playtex for a full refund at Zellers. They have a spreadsheet that lists what bottles they are willing to take back - so just round up all of the ones you want to return and they'll tell you at the store what ones they're willing to take. I know for sure that Playtex Advance is on the list as well as some Gerber. It doesn't matter if the bottles are used or if you have receipts - this is the first stage of a recall of all bottles that contain BPA - so its not the same as returning a new product you change your mind about.
    Something else to think about - once you accept money as compensation (no matter how small the amount) you no longer have legal grounds to file suit over a dispute. So if for some reason you think you're going to want to sue one of these companies for the BPAs in the bottles - don't return them. We never used ours so I was happy to return them!

Expert Forum User

there are certain gerber and nuby bottles that are ok

Expert Forum User

class action lawsuit....our poor kids who used these bottles 3-6 times a day everyday for 1.5 years....GRRRRRRRRR
    Anyone have info on any suits?
    Mom to DS - 9.5 years old
    AND

I returned my bottles to Zellers Westmount yesterday afternoon and he gave me credit for the 9 oz bottles and I only had 6 oz ones, oops. I got myself a new pair of shoes, since we do not use bottle for anyone here anymore.
    Loving mom to DD '99 and DD '01
    Proud foster mom to #4 and counting

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobsmom View Post
    class action lawsuit....our poor kids who used these bottles 3-6 times a day everyday for 1.5 years....GRRRRRRRRR
    Anyone have info on any suits?

I am interested in this as well. I will keep my eyes open.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast