Hey Ladies.

It's bee a long time, I think the last time I posted was 2011 & honestly I don't come around LM's too often anymore, working full time, and raising 3 kids keeps me pretty busy with little to no time!

Anyways, the reason I am posting, is because we recently saw Dr. Ismail here in London. I liked him, thought he was really nice, got a DX for our DS1 (middle child)...

I was just curious if anyone else had seen him, and how it went?

We got a DX, but short of "call Madame Vanier for support" I didn't get much else... IDK what I was really expecting, i'd reviewed the symptoms and have enough general knowledge to have my own ideas about what was going on with DS1 in the first place, though frankly I've never believed in the diagnosis we got. So I find myself in a quandary. I recognize my son has an issue, however, I've never believed in the disorder as a stand alone & think of it more as a symptom of an underlying issue, as opposed to an actual disorder...

Dr. Ismail had no doubts based on my husband's and my reports, the psychological assessment provided, and the supporting documentation I brought in from his school about this DX. He did say that we should go back in October after the new school year to check out the flags on ADHD again, as there aren't enough indicators yet, but that he's close to being formally diagnosed with that as well...

Anyone else in the same boat as me?