Expert Forum User

Default embroidery places?

My aunt is having a baby in August, and they know it's a boy. She has registered for all the "regulars", but I am looking to get her something a little more unique along with a registry gift. I picked up a really nice boyish blanket - it's satiny on one side, and a really soft (almost furry?) fabric on the other. I figure that would be nice as is, but I think it would be even more special if I could get it embroidered (or something) with his name, either in one corner or across the middle (they already have his name chosen and it's a sure thing...). Any ideas as to where I can get this done?
    Also, is this dorky? (guess I should have asked that first!)
    TIA!

Expert Forum User

There is a place on Wharncliffe at Belmont (in the former Hooters plaza). I really don't know of any other places. When Leah was born, the staff at my school bought her an embroidered sleeper, name on the front, school name on the back. I thought it was cute.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsB View Post
    There is a place on Wharncliffe at Belmont (in the former Hooters plaza). I really don't know of any other places. When Leah was born, the staff at my school bought her an embroidered sleeper, name on the front, school name on the back. I thought it was cute.
    It's called Embroider Me, they could do it!

I always get my embroidery done at Canadian Custom Embroidery on Upper Queen St. The number is
    (519)680-3818. They do an awesome job!!

I second Canadian Custom Embroidery...they also do baby blankets for the hospitals...they could do your blanket!!

Whoever does it might want to undo some of the stitching to do the job (and then stitch it back up after), so perhaps account for some more $ if that's the case.
    Mama to two
    Etsy store: Merry Medley

http://www.middycustomembroidery.com/ She does everything & anything ,blankets, burpies, onsies, shirts, pjs hats...you name it she does it & she's got a lot of pics online so you can view her work...& the prices are great!! ((She's my Stepmom!!!!) hehe
    Last edited by Jasmine&2Boys; 04-22-2008 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsB View Post
    I don't suggest these people, we have had some emobroidery done by them and they didn't do a great job. Just my opinion tho.

Expert Forum User

Thanks, ladies! Jasmine, I got in touch with your step mom - looks like she's the one!!

Yay she's great.... it's noisy there (she's got 5 kiddies at home) but I'm sure she'll do a great job for you ..I have so many things for the boys embroidered -she's done them jammies blankets & she even did my 2 boys & DH matching jerseys at Xmas with our last name on the back & DH's has the C for Captain lol she's pretty crafty...

Nicole&Grant

Quote Originally Posted by logansmom View Post
    I always get my embroidery done at Canadian Custom Embroidery on Upper Queen St. The number is
    (519)680-3818. They do an awesome job!!
    I go there as well and they do a FANTASTIC JOB !!!!! They have done a number of things for myself and family.