Expert Forum User

Default So frustrated.......

Some days I just wish ex would walk out of our lives, again, and not look back. He's behind in child support, as usual and there seem to be no payment coming anytime soon and yet has two jobs, roommates that share all the expenses and yet is over a 1000 behind and will only increase more come the first. I very much rely on that money and yet he just doesnt seem to get that.
    He only sees and communicate with them on his 48 hour visits and nothing in between. The boys had their tonsils out last Friday and he has yet to call and talk to them, didnt show up to the hospital like he had promised them and didnt text til 9pm to ask how it had gone.
    I just don't know what to do anymore. . I see so much potentional in him and he can be a fabulous dad but he just doesn't step up to the plate and act like it. We has been trying to work things put but be has so much anger and issues to work through that its on hold for now and it seems all the progress we had made with our communication, him spending more time with them has completely gone down the drain. I just want to knock him over the dad with a 2*4 and knock some sence into him and make him realize he has three great children over here and he's completely missin out on their lives.
    I guess there's no real point to this thread. Just beyond frustrated and waiting for the day when the whole single parenting becomes easier. Oh how I wish I had someone by my side to help with the day to day things.

Vent away my friend vent away.

I wont bore you with my BTDT stories, but...just know many of us BTDT and can understand how you're feeling.

Have you tried going through FRO for your child support? Is there a court order in place? ,if you rely on that income, I would do whatever it takes to ensure he doesn't "forget".

Sounds like another douche in the long list of doucheys.
    Watch your thoughts, they become words.
    Watch your words, they become actions,
    Watch your actions, they become habit.
    Watch your habits, they become character.
    Watch your character, it becomes your destiny.
    -Lao-Tze

Expert Forum User

Even with someone by your side, it is still very hard. My ex is currently $3600 behind!! I have decided to take him back to court, I'm filing tomorrow. Yet he has a house, and 4 vehicles for one guy!!

hugs....not an easy road...you can't "make" him spend time with or care about his kids...that's up to him. Why would you want to try and work something out with someone like tha? You and your children deserve better/more. As for the child support....go after him legally.

Expert Forum User

We do have a court order, that's why he sees them every other weekend. Some days I doubt he would if it weren't for that. And fro really hasn't done anything in terms of getting me the payments. Honestly idk why I want to be with him when he acts like this. When he's on point he's great, it's these times I'm reminded why I broke up with him in the first place. We've had a very back and forth relationship and this is the longest we've actually been apart.

Im so sorry that hes putting you and the kids through this..you all absolutely do not deserve this..id be going after him for what you deserve and cut all ties..just deal with him over the kids and that's it..he doesn't deserve anything more..i hope things work out and you get somewhere with the money he owes you..he will potentially loose everything for not paying and it will be his loss..hugs mama here anytime you need an ear xoxo