Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sad Day!

Default Sad Day!

Today I woke up and knew something was wrong. I was only 6 weeks 3 days pregnant. I was SO excited since it took my husband and I a long time to get pregnant with number 2.
    I had some spotting. I knew that some spotting was okay but since it was red my husband and I went to emerge. We were there for 2.5 hours. They took my blood and I got the news that my Hcg levels were VERY low. Like only being 3 weeks pregnant at most low. I had an ultrasound done and it confirmed that my little one would not be getting any bigger and that I would miscarry. I have to go back to the hospital on Wed. to the fertility clinic and early pregnancy assessment unit. I am absolutely heartbroken. I wanted this baby so badly. I am scared for what is going to happen. Will I get pregnant again?
    I would love to hear other woman's stories on how they overcame their loss, what I could expect even though it was still so early in the pregnancy!

M2M
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I'm so sorry about your loss

Expert Forum User

I just wanted to send hugs to you at this difficult time for you.

Expert Forum User

I'm so sorry for your loss, I know how badly you wanted to conceive.
    I do hope that you do get pregnant again fairly quickly when you choose to start trying again. For now though, grieve as you need to. It's a tough time for all of you. So sorry.

I also do know of a few women who've gotten pregnant after miscarriage, it's not uncommon.
    Last edited by IsisBaily; 06-15-2013 at 10:20 PM.

Expert Forum User

I'm sorry for your loss.
    Lori, Mom to Sydney, Paige and Easton

Expert Forum User

So sorry for your loss.

I had two losses and went on to have 3 children. A friend had a miscarriage and was pregnant again 6 weeks later so it definitely can happen quickly.

Expert Forum User

First of all, hugs!!! A loss is a loss no matter when it comes in the pregnancy.

I personally have a great deal of trouble with the word, “miscarriage“. To me, the very word implies that the mother *could* have or *should* have done something different. The fact is that in almost ALL cases, that is NOT the truth.

The best thing I can tell you right now is that if you were able to conceive without medical intervention for this pregnancy, that you very likely will again. There are no guarantees but since you will now be a patient at the EPAU, that will be very helpful.

It's quite common for women to lose their first pregnancy and whether a doctor tells you this or not, the first few months after a loss, your body is usually very fertile. (ETA: I'm sorry, I just re-read your post and see that this is your 2nd baby. I'm leaving this here though because many women don't realize and will be told by a medical professional to wait 6 months to attempt to conceive. I know many women who both purposely and accidentally conceived within a very short time period after a loss.)

I'm praying that you can find some comfort. I read a book after my loss called Empty Arms by Pam Vander.....something. She's a Christian author and it really helped me process the loss. If you want the link on Amazon, just let me know.

Btw, don't be surprised if your dh just doesn't “get it“. Pregnancy loss doesn't really seem to affect fathers the same way as it does mothers. I think it may be related to that the fact that the dads just don't feel as bonded to the baby since they aren't carrying it. I had a hard time understanding that.

Hugs & prayers!
    Last edited by doda94; 06-16-2013 at 08:10 AM. Reason: ETA

I'm so so sorry. I lost a babe last January and it was so hard. I wanted that babe so much and it was definitely the hardest thing to overcome. I found the actual miscarriage to be the most painful thing-emotionally and physically. Let your body do what it has to and cry. I had to fall asleep with a movie on for a week after or else I would just sob and sob.
    I ended up getting pregnant 2.5 weeks after the miscarriage without trying. I am holding my almost 8 month old and am so thankful for her. Try to stay positive. I knew it happened for a reason and although I was so sad about it, I tried not to get angry.

Expert Forum User

I'm so sorry
    Mum to Alyssa (born April 30, 2005)

Expert Forum User

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I had two miscarriages last year and am now 13 weeks pregnant and both of the ultrasounds show that everything looks good.

The Dr's and nurses at the EPAU were wonderful when I was there. Very supportive and helpful.

I'll be thinking of you this week.
    Jodie
    Mom to 3 boys (9, 7 and 4) &
    our little girl (born Dec 2013)
    www.brightmindschildcare.ca
    www.jodie.lovablelabels.ca

I am so sorry for your loss! Big HUGZ!!!!

Expert Forum User

I'm sorry. Best wishes.

I'm sorry for your loss.

I'm so sorry for your loss

Thank you so much for your kind words! It is nice to hear other people's stories of how you have gotten pregnant again!! Gives me hope . It is crazy to know how common miscarriage is. Thank you once again. I truely appreciate it!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast