Expert Forum User

Default Paper work for daytrips?

We are planning one or two day trips across the boarder this summer...lol first time in years that my entire household has had a passport.

Do I still need all the notarized letters and such to take DD across? Would just a letter from her father be enough? She is 10, so can answer questions if asked.

Last time we crossed with her it was for a week in Florida when she was 4, so I had all the paper work ready. After all the money spent on it, they didn't ask to see a thing.
    A by the book mama to a completley healthy DD Dec.2002 and doing it all different, BWng, CDing, BLWing, crunchy mama to an equally healthy DS Nov.2008 apparently a cosleeping mama DS Aug. 2011

You still need a letter from her Dad stating he is aware she is going, the date and that you have his permission to take her and a contact phone number for him. Doesn't have to be notarized, if they do ask for it, they could always call him to verify it. I have never been asked either but it's better safe than sorry.....saves being potentially turned away. The same is true for parents that are married/together if one parent is going across the border with the children and without their partner technically they should have a letter from the other parent stating their knowledge.....

This website outlines exactly what you ought to have on you. I suggest bringing what they say, just in case they ask:
    https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/268
    I am an Independent Epicure Consultant! View my page here: http://tinyurl.com/ck26nam

The state law may be vary for that state so its better that you complete all legal work before going to a trip.Because due to security reason most of the state have strict their rules and regulation.