Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: January 2014 Expecting Club

I didn't have my midwife appt. till 9 and a half weeks! The wait was killer since I found out at 3 weeks 4 days!

DOULA IN Training with toLabor, with Mother Essence Birth Services in Sarnia!

How is everyone doing? Been super quiet here! I'm still feeling awful and headaches daily, hope that it ends by 12 weeks! Ultrasound Tuesday cannot wait!!!

Expert Forum User

I'm doing alright, it's been a super stressful week and I'm glad its over. My first MW appt is on Wednesday and I'm super excited. I really, really want to book an ultrasound soon so DF can come home for a visit (and to see the baby of course).

We've been talking names the last few days and I think we have one for each gender. I like them, but I'm not absolutely in love with them. They're big names, and I'm just not 100% sold. I'm hoping that DF will come around and at least humor me by coming up with a short list instead of just one name for each. Its still early, so I have hope.

Jake &Tate

All good over here. Saw my midwife on Tuesday for a visit and was good to see her again (had her with my first). We got to hear the baby - nice and strong heartbeat
    Otherwise, just chugging along. Growing steadily, or at least it feels that way. Not into mat clothes yet but will be soon. I think pants I was 14 weeks with my first so I am presuming I will have to do the same with this one, although I seem to be carrying higher already (maybe because it's my second?)
    Hope the 12 week mark helps you feel better, TTCMomma. I had migranes until about 14 weeks with my first. Prenatal massage helped and the occasional Tylenol!
    I am an Independent Epicure Consultant! View my page here: http://tinyurl.com/ck26nam

Hello Ladies,
    I am expecting #1, due date Jan.15th, 2014....just wondering does anyone know of any local midwives? I am very interested in co-operating with a midwive, but have no idea where to start looking for one ( a good one).
    Thank you for your help.

Stella1- there is a waitlist, but doesn't hurt to call and get on a list. Womencare and Thames Valley Midwifes are the two I know of in London
    Womencare - 519-645-0316
    Thames Valley - 519-433-5855

Good luck and congrats on the baby
    Stella1 likes this.
    I am an Independent Epicure Consultant! View my page here: http://tinyurl.com/ck26nam

Feeling a bit better on and off, food still sucks sometimes! Had my first ultrasound today, measuring 11 weeks 5 days, so only 2 days off of my EDD, so I'm going to request to keep my original date! Heartbeat 161, but still haven't heard the sound, next appt. not till the 23rd, since my Midwife is on vacation! CONGRATS Stella1! I was with Thames Valley with my daughter (Jackie was my primary, Shaun my secondary, but Karen ended up being the secondary at my birth)! Everyone I met was pretty wonderful though, I now live in Sarnia though so am with the midwives here in town!
    Stella1 likes this.

Expert Forum User

I'm really hoping to hear a heartbeat tomorrow. I'm actually kind of nervous. I'm hoping they'll schedule an ultrasound for next week so that we can see the babe and so that he can come home for a visit. I've been super hormonal and emotional these days. DF is away, and has been since before we found out about the baby. He's gone for another 60 days and the distance is wearing on me. I'm pretty much a mess (thats putting it nicely).

Jake &Tate

Thank you Aphrodite!

Pearl I can't imagine how stressful that must be!

Expert Forum User

It's pretty rough. Yesterday was my first MW appt and she tried to find the heartbeat but said it was likely still a bit early. She wasn't concerned, so I'm not either but it really would have been nice to hear it.

I booked my ultrasound for the 22nd, I'll be about 12 weeks and 3 days at that point. I'm really really looking forward to seeing the baby and knowing everything is okay. With my DS I had an US at 7 weeks and it put my mind at ease a bit.

Jake &Tate

Same with my daughter I had an ultrasound at 6 and a half weeks, I was soo nervous for my 12 week ultrasound this time, but all was perfect! Best of luck Pearl!

Hello Ladies,
    I have contacted all the 3 local midwifery organizations and they had put me on a waiting list, as there is no openings what so ever ((((( will see )

Stella1 - It is always hard to get into the midwives, especially if you don't call ASAP at 4 weeks! Just keep calling every week or two, so you will be fresh in their minds if a spot opens up! Best of luck!!!

16 days till my next midwife appt! Feels soo far away since it should be in about a week and a half but my midwife it on vacation! CANNOT wait to actually hear the heartbeat! Was 12 weeks yesterday!

13 weeks today! Think I can officially say i'm in the second trimester!! YAY

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast