Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Administrator Site Admin

Default Cancelling the summer picnic?

Just an FYI for anyone on the fence and just haven't signed up yet. There seems to be very little interest in the picnic this year unfortunately. It's a good amount of work for us and costly to pay for the rental and cake and supplies etc. so I'm thinking that we are going to cancel it unless there is a huge increase in sign ups!

It's one of my favorite events so I'll be sad but perhaps it's just not a great weekend for people! We usually try to do it the Saturday before kids are out of school so we can catch people before they leave on summer vacation plans.

We'll try again next year!
    Leslie

I know I said I'd go this year, but I have lots on my plate right now too, so if it's cancelled, I'll have a little more breathing room. That being said, if everyone is still good to go, I'll be there!
    My musings about my children, my crafts and everything and anything else can be found on my blog.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

sorry, i usually go. but that day is pics and then my niece/nephew's birthday party. so i cant.
    jennifer mommy to 4 amazing kids!

Expert Forum User

That weekend is not good for me either.

Expert Forum User

I honestly would love to go but with a new baby coming next week (most likely) I can't guarantee we will make it.

Expert Forum User

Oh that's unfortunate. I was looking forward to it.

Expert Forum User

Would love to go but not a good weekend either

We had a great time last year but have far too much happening that weekend this year
    I know a fabulous Scentsy consultant

Expert Forum User

We also have multiple things going on that day. I would love to eventually be able to attend one though, it always sounds fun.

Hailey - April 2008
    Scarlett - April 2012
    Troy - July 2014
    *Currently enrolled in the Perinatal Support Practitioner program through Babies Naturally and looking to attend births as a student doula. Please message me for details!*

Expert Forum User

I was really looking forward to going but we have other family commitments that day. I'm sorry to hear that it might be cancelled.

Would it be worthwhile to set up a poll asking about availability for other weekends and base the decision on a minimum number willing to commit??? I don't know....just an idea. Summer gets crazy busy....... maybe we could even look at early Sept, after school has started again?

Super Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Unfortunately with the picnic and other events with city rentals, we have to go with the dates available for bookings.
    ETA - It is typically the same weekend every year - the weekend before the end of school.
    Last edited by Happily Ever After; 06-10-2013 at 06:11 PM.
    *~* The point isn't whether they lived happily ever after, the point is that they lived*~

My work schedule is so random I didn't want to say I'd be there and then have to work!

Administrator Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by doda94 View Post
    I was really looking forward to going but we have other family commitments that day. I'm sorry to hear that it might be cancelled.

Would it be worthwhile to set up a poll asking about availability for other weekends and base the decision on a minimum number willing to commit??? I don't know....just an idea. Summer gets crazy busy....... maybe we could even look at early Sept, after school has started again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Happily Ever After View Post
    Unfortunately with the picnic and other events with city rentals, we have to go with the dates available for bookings.
    ETA - It is typically the same weekend every year - the weekend before the end of school.
    It's true, we usually have to book early in the year to make sure we get our spot. Even if we did a poll in January, people would have entirely different plans by June. That's why we try to keep it the same weekend so that people who want to attend can try to keep that weekend open!
    Leslie

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
    It's true, we usually have to book early in the year to make sure we get our spot. Even if we did a poll in January, people would have entirely different plans by June. That's why we try to keep it the same weekend so that people who want to attend can try to keep that weekend open!
    Well, that's a bummer. Hope you can get enough to commit that it won't be cancelled. I think it's hard to “get up the nerve“ to attend these types of events too but maybe that's just crazy me.......

M2M
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I loved the few we have attended, this time it just happens to fall on Nolan's birthday party day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast