Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Expert Forum User

Hugs, believe me it will get better.

Check out merrymount's “moms house/dads house“ program and “on my own“. These really helped me and my children

wow, thank you ladies for all your support and advise. I am very fortunate to have a wonderful group of friends and family to help me thru this.

I am moving in 2 months and I am looking forward to a fresh start. EAP has been my saving grace. Just how do I deal with the girlfriend? I know my daughter is spending time with her and her daughter ...sigh... I loath him. I can't even look at him now. the last thing I want is my daughter growing up to resent me for all this

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Why would your daughter resent you! That makes no sense.

He cheated and lied, and was the one to leave. When she's an adult she will understand.

Take care of you.
    Stop thinking youíre not ready. Ė Nobody ever feels 100% ready when an opportunity arises. Because most great opportunities in life force us to grow beyond our comfort zones, which means we wonít feel totally comfortable at first.

~ Breastfed for 7 months, 2 weeks and 3 days ~

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by mickeychick View Post
    wow, thank you ladies for all your support and advise. I am very fortunate to have a wonderful group of friends and family to help me thru this.

I am moving in 2 months and I am looking forward to a fresh start. EAP has been my saving grace. Just how do I deal with the girlfriend? I know my daughter is spending time with her and her daughter ...sigh... I loath him. I can't even look at him now. the last thing I want is my daughter growing up to resent me for all this
    Hmm, do you have any visitation agreements already in place? I don't know much about them because I've never had to deal with it but I'd try to put something in about not subjecting your dd to his gf/etc. until there's some type of permanent commitment..... Cause you know what, that woman is suddenly going to realize that if he would cheat WITH her, that he'll cheat ON her and then she's gonna be gone.... What's your dd left to deal with then?

You're not going to have to worry about what your dd thinks about you, at least not in the long term. If he starts bad-mouthing you to her or saying things that it's your fault, you take his butt to court faster than his head can spin. That's alienation of parent and judges don't have any patience for it anymore!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12