Default photography moms please help!!

I have a Canon xs (low end of the rebels) and have been thinking about upgrading, but also working on my skills. I shoot confidently in aperature and shutter priority mode and moving towards manual. Hubby spotted this deal on right now at quite a few places and I'm really considering it:

Canon EOS Rebel 60D 18MP DSLR Anniversary Bundle : DSLR Body & Lens Kits - Future Shop

I already have a 18-55 lens (came with my xs), and I also have a sigma 18-200 zoom that I could sell with my xs rebel as I think the canon 55-250 that comes with the above package would be better.

I would love any input !! It's a lot of money to have around my neck when I already have a decent camera, but I do think this is a good deal. Hubby is supportive of my hobby so that is not a concern. help!!

Expert Forum User

I just recently upgraded from a Rebel and was going to go with the 60D (but ended up with the 7D). I did a lot of research and the 60d is a great camera! And the package is a great price.
    Have fun!

Expert Forum User

The Rebel is a great camera. I think you are better off investing in a greater variety of lenses. What are you hoping to achieve by upgrading your body?

Thanks so much for your input Sardam and Reese'smom! I went on a photo walk in Waterworks Park (st. Thomas) with a local photographer last night. It was a real eye opener for me. The photographer is Ken Hopkins and he was shooting with a camera comparable to mine, but with a very nice 100-400L canon lens. WOW !! I asked for his opinion on the 60D and after some discussion he suggested I save my money and use it to buy better lenses. So that's what I've decided!

Thanks again for your input. I really do appreciate it!

Expert Forum User

A nice lens can make a huge difference.
    The only big difference I noticed upgrading from my Rebel XSi was the ISO is SOOOOO much nicer on my new camera but it depends what you are shooting and what type of lighting you are mostly in whether or not that would effect you.
    Have fun!

Yes, the ISO is definately a consideration. Also last night we were photographing frogs in ponds and at times the flip out screen on the 60d would've been handy. I'll know next time that I will be laying flat on the stomach in soft ground and goose poop. LOL

May I ask what lenses you use the most? I have the 55mm prime, regular 18-55 kit lens and a sigma 70-200. Last night I was using the 70-200 and it worked fairly well. The frogs/geese at waterworks park are very used to people so I could get really close.